bremner

Starter tray + strobe arm

I'm looking for a tray+arm to to attach a small strobe (inon S2000 or S&S YS01) to an Olympus PT-EP13 housing.

I see most of the "starter packages" using some kind of flex arm on a polycarbonate or lightweight aluminum tray .

For roughly the same price, Meikon [1] is selling a basic single segment aluminum tray + arm.

This seems like the kind of thing where a lesser known manufacturer might be a reasonable choice. Aside from weight (I guess the polycarbonate setup is lighter), any other considerations/opinions?

[1] https://meikon.com.hk/collections/aluminium-tray-and-handle-for-underwater-camera-housings/products/camdive-black-aluminium-diving-handle-for-underwater-camera-housings-advanced

I would use a flat AL tray with holes in each end to mount which ever arm system you choose. I don't think the articulated knuckle arms can be locked in tight? ULCS and Ikelite have many different parts to put together.

The little extra weight a metal tray would add, also balances the rig so its upright.

Where are you located? I have a ULCS handle and flat tray sitting around that I could sell cheap. You'd still have to add a pair of clamps and an arm, though.

I'm looking for a tray+arm to to attach a small strobe (inon S2000 or S&S YS01) to an Olympus PT-EP13 housing.

I see most of the "starter packages" using some kind of flex arm on a polycarbonate or lightweight aluminum tray .

For roughly the same price, Meikon [1] is selling a basic single segment aluminum tray + arm.

This seems like the kind of thing where a lesser known manufacturer might be a reasonable choice. Aside from weight (I guess the polycarbonate setup is lighter), any other considerations/opinions?

[1] https://meikon.com.hk/collections/aluminium-tray-and-handle-for-underwater-camera-housings/products/camdive-black-aluminium-diving-handle-for-underwater-camera-housings-advanced

The Meikon/CamDive one piece tray/handle is simple, robust, cheap.I have one on my Olympus TG-4. It comes with a 1-inch ball.

I'd avoid the articulated arms. Several people I know have invested in them and then stopping using them.

The Meikon/CamDive one piece tray/handle is simple, robust, cheap.I have one on my Olympus TG-4. It comes with a 1-inch ball.

I'd avoid the articulated arms. Several people I know have invested in them and then stopping using them.

Which articulated arms do you mean? The flex arms, the ball+clamp arms, or both?

Which articulated arms do you mean? The flex arms, the ball+clamp arms, or bo4th?

The locline stuff.

Sponsors

Advertisements