snow25

Dual strobe connection

Hi. First off I'm fairly new to using this forum so apologies if this is the wrong section to be posting this.

I'm using an A6000 with a SeaFrogs/Meikon housing and a single DS125 strobe. I'm in the process of (hopefully) switching to a dual strobe setup with two inon Z240's and am trying to figure out the best way to drive/connect both strobes. I've found the Nauticam universal fiber optic cable (https://www.backscatter.com/Nauticam-Universal-Fiber-Optic-Cable-System) which I think would work for 1 strobe, but am unsure how to connect to two strobes. Is it as simple as getting two of these cables and connecting the strobes independently?

At this stage I'm happy to stick with the SeaFrogs housing as it fits the lenses I'm using, but may look to upgrade to an ikelite or Fantasea housing at some point in the future. (Nauticam is out of my budget).

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

If your housing has two optical ports, to plug in two FO cables, yes, it's that simple. I think that the Sea Frogs housing uses the Sea&Sea type port, which is very common, so sourcing cables shouldn't be an issue. That's one of the beauties of optical triggering... simplicity.

HTH

Sponsors

Advertisements