Sign in to follow this  
Aotus

WTB 2 strobes for underwater paleontology research - exclusive madagascar fossil pics with sale

I need a pair of strobes that can light up the floor of the cave with an even, flat light, from about 5-10 feet above. I am using a Panasonic LX10 and a Nauticam housing and WA lens. In the past I have had success using two Sola 3000 video lights and a canon 5d mkiii. This time, I am looking for strobes because I've been told that even a relatively small strobe will blow away a very good video light.

I have another thread going where I am asking for advice about which three NEW strobes to buy (here), but here I am hoping that I might find someone who has a pair of Z240s or similar that they'd be willing to let go of and see me use for cave paleontology work in Madagascar. The brighter the better, but I'm limited in my budget (my money, not a grant) to $700 MAX, $500 is better.

If you sell to me I will send you some exclusive shots from Madagascar when I get back in June. I'll have shots from above and below the water, fossil lemur shots, maybe an elephant bird skeleton, you never know. Below are a couple iPhone shots from my last expedition. This summer I am shooting big, and RAW.

Thanks for looking.

post-55468-0-91060600-1519881935_thumb.jpg

post-55468-0-56996900-1519881948_thumb.jpg

Edited by Aotus

update - I scored a pair of S&S YS-D1s for the project. Hopefully they pack the punch I need.

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements