Sign in to follow this  
and0s

Heinrichs-Weikamp Remote Slave Unit

Does anyone have experience with the HW RSU?

I recently bought a used unit, which works ok but every time it triggers, the strobe (Inon Z240) fires three consecutive flashes with a couple of seconds in between. It's not a big deal, except that each shot takes longer, and the batteries drain faster. I've learned to live with it, but maybe someone has a quick solution to it. Does it have settings that I don't know about, or is there a manual for it that I can't find?

I have one - I have a copy of the manual, if you pm me your email address I'll send you it.

In my opinion - that doesn't sound normal. Is your strobe on manual? I haven't used it in a long time as it was unreliable for triggering, so it sits in a box (want another? hah)

To add - the other obvious question, there isn't any water in your sync ports is there?

Thanks!

Yeah, it's set to manual and no pre-flash. I use the same settings on another strobe using the Triggerfish, which fires correctly and is very reliable.

No flooding of the ports, but I might try switching the sync cords to make sure it's not a simple cable issue.

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements