Sign in to follow this  
Xanderwater

SONY A7RIII underwater

Equipment used: a7riii in nauticam housing, sony 90mm, 2x inon s2000 for macro. For fisheye Canon 8-15mm with metabones adapter in zen mini dome. Images uncropped.

Location: Victoria Australia, Perth Australia, Great Barrier Reef Australia

post-33816-0-26651700-1525761682_thumb.jpg

post-33816-0-34982100-1525761693_thumb.jpg

crop from previous image

post-33816-0-36326000-1525761722_thumb.jpg

post-33816-0-43787700-1525762234_thumb.jpg

Edited by Xanderwater
  • Like 1

that army of crabs is amazing. Happy with the camera performance?

Some nice pics there!

Really like the first sea dragon and, like Mike, the crabs! The humbugs composition is neat too.

Awesome pics !

As said before me, I really like the sea dragon and the midwater shot with the school of fishs and the sunset !

Does the A7R3 AF do well in macro/supermacro ?

Thanks guys. Happy with the cameras performance for sure. The amount of detail is incredible, you can keep zooming in. I was worried about soft corners and focusing with the canon 8-15, but if you keep a high F number corners are fine. In low light the focus gets bad but when you have enough light the focus is instant. 90 mm macro lens gives very nice pictures but sometimes you wait a while before it finds focus. I have not been using a focus light.

Nice photos.

Please, what configuration do you use for the 8-15 canon? What port do you use? Metabones or MC-11 Sigma?

You comment that the focus becomes a bit slow in low light situations. The A7 III focuses better in these situations than the A7 RIII, have you been able to prove it?

Cheers and thanks for your time.

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements