Sign in to follow this  
RuudStelten

PADI website

Hi all, as a PADI instructor I sometimes visit the organization's website to stay up to date (www.padi.com). I am also an avid underwater photographer and am appalled by some of the pictures on their homepage. There are many bad ones on there, but by far the worst is the turtle pic towards the bottom. There are so many things wrong with this picture, you can write a book about it: overexposed, colors are not correct, composition is shit, very distracting background - literally the worst turtle pic I have ever seen. The kelp pic is not much better: blown highlights at the top, way too dark at the bottom, and one diver model that seems to have absolutely no idea what he's doing (and this is for the 'exploration' section!).

You would expect that such a large and influential organization has top notch pictures on its website, which makes me wonder: is it just me, or are these pictures really as bad as I think they are? I am by no means a photography expert but I do think I can distinguish between good and not so good pics. I'd love to hear your opinions!

• Like 1

Ya, I noticed that a long time ago. Really apalling. They just need to spend a few thousand dollars to get this in order. Should be doable with all our fees....

• Like 1

If you look on the PADI travel pages, they have appropriated several friends photos with no attribution.

Bill

I can’t say I’ve ever been impressed with PADI’s choice of u/w pics. The Undersea Journal is the same.

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements