Sign in to follow this  
Lionfish43

Having some fun today

Playing around with high-speed available light, B+W, and using my L&M Mod light as a fill light. Comments welcomed.

Black and white is a matter of personal taste, for Macro I still prefer colour.

I have seen some good black and white stuff underwater but I think the subject matter has to be considered after all it's the colours that make certain underwater subjects stand out (IMHO)

Anyone selling a housing for a Horseman L 10x8 and a copy of Ansell Adams book on underwater landscapes :)

Gordon,

I agree to a certain extent. I took about 100 shots and I'd say that most were total crap. I found it an interesting exercise though. Like you, when I shoot macro I always look for striking color. When I shot B+W I was forced to consider what comprises a good photo besides color.

I don't plan on having a showing of my B+W underwater photography anytime soon but thanks for the comment

Larry

Hi Larry,

I think if you posted the lobster pic in colour along with the black and white one the colour one would probably get the best vote.

Personally I think B&W should be more for wide angle than macro, as it can enhance the feeling of the picture.

The composition of both the black and white shots are excellent though

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements