Sign in to follow this  
Claus1967

Ports for the Nauticam EM-1

Hello,

I'm thinking about updating my Pen E-PL1 with the Olympus EM1 MK1 and the Nauticam EM-1 Housing. I still have the following lenses and not shure which Ports where needed.

- Olympus 14-42

- Olympus 12-50

- Olympus 9-18

- Olympus 60 Macro

Due to the reason that i have to buy the whole equipment the price of the ports should be on a budget level.

Thanks for help,

Claus

You can use the macro port 65 for both the 60mm macro and 12-50mm, however you can't activate the macro switch. If you're on a budget you probably don't want the very expensive dedicated port fro the 12-50. Look here for a second hand item: http://wetpixel.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=62291

For the 9-18mm if you get the the Zen port DP170-nb8II it will take both the 9-18 you have and also allow you to house the Pany 7-14 and Oly 12-40 in the future. Similarly the Nauticam 180mm optical glass dome. There is one going on the classifieds now: http://wetpixel.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=62255&hl=%2Bnauticam+%2B180mm+%2Boptical

You would have to buy the n85-N120 adapter separately for the 9-18. This dome should give much better results and be more versatile than the 4" acrylic dome. You can also use it with 8mm f1.8 Oly fisheye if you obtain a custom 30mm n85-N120 adapter.

Thanks for the Feedbacks,

I think I will take the macro port for the 60mm macro and the 12-50mm as well. May be later I can by the Special 12-50 port with the macro switch.

For the wide angle I will have a look for the ZEN DP 170 or the Nauticam 180mm with the Adapter for the 9-18mm and later a 8mm fisheye.

At all I have a lot of posibilities with only two different ports and reduced weights :clapping:

Custom 30mm n85-n120 adaptor?? Whats this?

Edited by Hmmm

Thanks for the Feedbacks,

I think I will take the macro port for the 60mm macro and the 12-50mm as well. May be later I can by the Special 12-50 port with the macro switch.

For the wide angle I will have a look for the ZEN DP 170 or the Nauticam 180mm with the Adapter for the 9-18mm and later a 8mm fisheye.

At all I have a lot of posibilities with only two different ports and reduced weights :clapping:

You dont need the expensive Nauticam port for the 12-50, I wrote this in another OMD thread.

The 12-50 works with the electric zoom so dont need a zoom gear just assign a button on the camera. I use the 12-50 in the Nauticam 65 macro port which is the same as the Oly 60mm macro port and fit the Nauticam CMC which gives you 0.8 life size macro at 50mm. The 12-50 with the expensive Nauticam port only gives you 0.5 life size macro at the 43mm macro position.

Both these pictures were taken at Exmouth, Western Australia with an OMD EM1 in a Nauticam housing with the 12-50, using electric zoom, in the Macro 65 port and the nudi using the Nauticam CMC. The CMC turns the average 12-50 to a sharp lens but it is tricky to focus.

Attached Images

E088B263-17E1-495D-8F72-6FF0883E8BE6.jpeg

E9CF3F3E-00B8-4910-80D1-6422F2064BE9.jpeg

"Custom 30mm n85-n120 adaptor?? Whats this?"

See here:

https://www.unterwasserkamera.at/shop/catalog/de/product_info.php?info=p6901_d-d-nauticam-n85---n120-portadapter-30mm.html

Manfred Werner from "www.unterwasserkamera.at" has designed this adapter with me, since Nauticam does not have a 30mm adapter (required for using the Zuiko 8mm fisheye Pro with Zen DP170-N120).

In the meantime Nauticam offers a 34,7mm N85-N120 adapter (designed for use with the 0,71x Metabones speed booster):

https://www.nauticam.com/products/n85-to-n120-34-7mm-port-adaptor-for-metabones-ef-mft-mount-t-speed-booster-ultra-0-71x

I tested the Nauticam adapter over water with Zuiko 8mm FE Pro and Zen DP170-N120 - no vignetting. Presumably also the image quality UW is as superb as with the 30mm extension quoted above, but I did not test yet.

The 34,7mm Nauticam adapter has a lock (same type as all other Nauticam adapters have) and a zoom knob (one could design a focus gear for manual focus of the 8mm FE in case required), while the custom adapter does not have knob and lock. The lock is not really required, but maybe good for the nerves...

Wolfgang

The 12-50 with the expensive Nauticam port only gives you 0.5 life size macro at the 43mm macro position.

Adjusting for crop factor, doesn't 0.5 life size on M4/3 mean that you're filling the frame with the same size subject as a full-frame user would be at 1:1 magnification?

@Griff concerning Macroport 60:

I have the Macroport 45 plus the 20mm miniextension: so I can use both Zuiko 60mm and the Panasonic 45mm macrolenses with the same port. Also the Zuiko 30mm Macro will work. Do not know abot Zuiko 12-50mm, but should work also.

=> with Macroport 45 you can use evrything as with Macroport 60, but have more options...

@Barmaglot: The answer is "Yes" - 0.5x magnification means that a subject with 10mm length will be 5mm on the sensor. Does not depend how big the sensor is (but since mft sensor length is 17.3mm and FF is 36mm, of course the subject will be 36/17.3= 2.08x larger on the final mft picture compared to FF, when the pictures are printed out the same size)

Wolfgang

Edited by Architeuthis

Adjusting for crop factor, doesn't 0.5 life size on M4/3 mean that you're filling the frame with the same size subject as a full-frame user would be at 1:1 magnification?

The 12-50 in macro mode gives half life size compared to 1:1 from the 60mm macro not full frame. With the Nauticam CMC on the 12-50 at 50mm gives about 0.7 to 0.8 life size in the macro 65 port.

For the 9-18mm if you get the the Zen port DP170-nb8II it will take both the 9-18 you have and also allow you to house the Pany 7-14 and Oly 12-40 in the future. Similarly the Nauticam 180mm optical glass dome. There is one going on the classifieds now: http://wetpixel.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=62255&hl=%2Bnauticam+%2B180mm+%2Boptical

Hi,

the port there is an N100. Does this one work with the EM1 and the 9-18mm or 8mm Panasonic or 8mm Olympus Fisheye?

I did't found an adapter N100 to N85 with 30mm. So far this port is fine for my set-up, which adapter should I take?

Thanks, Claus

not aware of a an N85- N100 adapter, think you probably really need the N120 port

not aware of a an N85- N100 adapter, think you probably really need the N120 port

Thanks Criss !!!

Does a Nauticam 18802 N120 8.5 inch Acrylic Dome Port fit for the 8mm and the 9-18mm?

What is the different between the 18802 and the 18809?

Claus

The 18802 is an N120 port for DSLR housings so it won't fit a micro43 housing which use N85 ports. You will be able to use an adapter but you would need to do some calculations. The 18802 is a much bigger dome (220mm) and acrylic. if you look at the port charts for Nauticam in the Canon systems you'll see that the 8.5" port is specified for the 10-22 as is the 180mm dome. and you will see that the extension ring recommended is 10mm shorter for the 180mm dome. Note that the 8.5" dome would reduce the ability to get in close for CFWA with the fisheye.

so to translate that to Olympus port choices you need to use a 10mm longer adapter (N85-N120) with the 8.5" port, so you would need a 40mm N85-N120 adapter for the fisheye and 75mm of total extension probably the 55mm n85-n120 plus the 20mm extension with lock for the 9-18mm here's links to the port charts:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzggKvdoNvhkRlZhNTdLZzRIeXc/view

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzggKvdoNvhkdUE3WlNRcExZR00/view

Thanks again Chris.

I didn'T saw that the 18802 is bigger, due to that it is not an Option.

My decision is done for the 60mm macro and the 12-50mm, therefore I will buy a 65mm macro port from Nauticam.

About the wide angle I'm thinking abot the Zen 170mm Dome Port with an 30mmm Extension which can be used for my 9-18mm. But there also a 8mm Olympus or the 7-14mm Panasonic will fit. For me a good Option with flexibility and weight.

What do you think about this Setups? Will they work or do i have forgot somthing?

sounds like a good option, assume you mean the N85 170mm dome, if so note it is reported it won't allow the oly 12-40 and 7-14 due to interference from internals in the extension,

Yes i know that only the Panasonic 7-14 or the Olympus 8mm will fit in the N85 but it have to be Version I.

We will see, if I get an option to buy an used one than also a 180mm from Nauticam with N120 or N85 would be okay.

Edited by Claus1967

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements