adamhanlon

Forum Structure Changes

Dear Wetpixel community,

Those of you logging on this morning will notice some changes in the forum structure.

We decided to rationalize the number of forums. The growth of social media, despite its shortcomings as as a venue for finding advice, has somewhat reduced the number of posts that are being made here, so it makes sense to reduce forums that have been used less.

Suffice to say that (hopefully) no posts have been removed and the search function still works to find existing ones. The goal is maintain the the amazing amount of information and support available, without the somewhat bloated structure.

Please have a look around the new structure, and give us any appropriate feedback.

Thank you!

Adam

Hi Adam,

Thank you for your hard work and diligence in maintaining this site. BUT, I strongly prefer the granularity of the former structure.

Best Regards,

Bob

May i ask which social media sites are now in-place of WetPixel. I do not use face book or twitter in anyway that has the same content.

I had not noticed this until this thread appeared in 'new content' which is what I have bookmarked to get to WP. It looks like commercial ads are gone????

I normally go in via new content as well, though I admit last time I wanted to start a thread I pondered where exactly to put it. Looks much simpler now.

A silly question - are we going to see reinstatement of the photo of the week competition? That drove a lot of traffic to the site and improved the forums in turn.

Hmm if i might suggest - could we please separate out DYI forum again ?

It was a good repository of all great build-your-own-thing ideas from wetpixel members ...now its a real pain to find. Just today was searching for some snoot ideas - had to sift through hundreds of hits everywhere else, since these were discussed on almost every single form out there :s

Luckily bookmarked a few other topics, otherwise would face hours with the search function :D

Edited by makar0n
  • Like 2

Hmm if i might suggest - could we please separate out DYI forum again ?

It was a good repository of all great build-your-own-thing ideas from wetpixel members ...now its a real pain to find. Just today was searching for some snoot ideas - had to sift through hundreds of hits everywhere else, since these were discussed on almost every single form out there :s

Luckily bookmarked a few other topics, otherwise would face hours with the search function :D

I like the proposal of marar0n....I have the same problems...

Sascha

Knock knock dear admins....we could really use a DYI forum section ;)

My "new content" tab no longer finds any new content. Is this related to the changes announced in this thread, or do i have some other problem?

My "new content" tab no longer finds any new content. Is this related to the changes announced in this thread, or do i have some other problem?

Never mind. Duh. Cockpit error.

Sponsors

Advertisements