Sign in to follow this  
jfe

Ikelite TTL housing with YS strobes question

Here is a question I don't seem to be able to find an answer for.

To use the Ikelite strobes on a fibre optic cable you use the converter #4401, but what about the other way around? How do you use YS type strobes with an Ikelite TTL housing that doesn't have the option for optic cables, SLR housing? Is there a converter or can you use the same converter to work in reverse?

Is there a system available to allow you to use optic cables with a Sea & Sea YS strobes on an Ikelite DSLR housing?

you can buy a stick on fibre optic connector which will hold the fibre optic cable in place, which will work fine for the older style transparent housing models. If your strobe has the option of a sync cable you can use an electrical connection, which will generally only work in manual.

Thank you, I've also send an inquiry to Ikelite and they gave me a response, comes down to only strobes with a digital port is compatable with the Ikelite housings without the optical ports.
It is not possible to use fiber optic / optical slave only strobe with the housing. Strobes which only have the optical connection is not compatable.

Edited by jfe

If your strobes have an option of a cable connection then there should be a non ikelite sync cable option to connect to them through a bulkhead. Try asking one of the big UW photo mail order stores about it?

Any reason you can't change the bulkhead fitting on the housing and add the optical transmitter in there? Not sure which camera you have.

Edited by Raacerx

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements