Sign in to follow this  
ljarema06

"Burping" wet lenses specifically WWL-1?

I've read a few posts on this forum about this; however I did my first photos with my rx100m2 in nauticam housing and had on the inon lens with dome and did not burp my lens and fortunately did not get any rings or air pockets in my photos.

i just recently upgraded to a gh5 and was planning on getting the WWL-1 lens --- I know this thing is pretty massive and heavy underwater and I've read the floating collar can block the latch for the bayonet mount--- do people actually remove this lens and put it back on when they are in the water-- has anyone dropped it and lost it in la la land? lol just curious what people do as i was unaware I had to do this until reading/watching more blogs/posts

Thanks

I've read a few posts on this forum about this; however I did my first photos with my rx100m2 in nauticam housing and had on the inon lens with dome and did not burp my lens and fortunately did not get any rings or air pockets in my photos.

i just recently upgraded to a gh5 and was planning on getting the WWL-1 lens --- I know this thing is pretty massive and heavy underwater and I've read the floating collar can block the latch for the bayonet mount--- do people actually remove this lens and put it back on when they are in the water-- has anyone dropped it and lost it in la la land? lol just curious what people do as i was unaware I had to do this until reading/watching more blogs/posts

Thanks

I've never found any need to burp the WWL-1 bayonet mount, it seems to "self-burp" quite well. However, I do take itone and off U/W a lot, because sometimes I'g using it and sometimes I'm not, and I also carry a CMC-1 to put on. My standard configuration has the CMC and the WWL on docks on my arms, and then I pick and choose during the dive. There is a vailable a little t-shaped arm to put on the bayonet release so you can easily get at it with the flotation collar on the WWL-1.
  • Like 1

The only problem you will find is fitting the hard lens cap with flotation collar .... but not difficult to trim with rotary tool ( foam flotation) making it fit perfectly.

For carrying during dive, I attached a double ender to plastic piece then hang on D-ring of BCD

al

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements