Sign in to follow this  
Xterra

Moving from Crop to FF - Advise

Any of you that moved from a crop camera to a FF (35mm sensor size) have advise what to watch out for when framing and shooting?

I want to move from my sony a6500 to the A7R3 (the lens selection on FF is just better)

Thanks

Hi Xterra

I’m not sure I saw any real difference in framing or shooting with a move from Nikon DX to FX. Biggest difference was in the size/weight of the lenses and the need for a much bigger domeport with a wide-angle rectilinear lens. These were packing and transport considerations.

But other than that, nothing significant.

Good luck with it - and have fun!

Hi,
Tim met it verry well.....
A lot more weight and volume, and if that is worth it???
Regards,
Wolfgang

Hi,

Tim met it verry well.....

A lot more weight and volume, and if that is worth it???

Regards,

Wolfgang

thank you. But I struggled having GREAT Image Quality from the WA Sony crop lenses vs whats offered from Zeiss FF

i.e Zeiss FF 35mm f2.8 and Sony's 20mm pancake are worlds apart

Zeiss Touit 50mm macro (also the focusing mechanism noise makes me nervous) and Sony 90mm Macro are worlds apart

Edited by Xterra

Since you are talking Sony E-mount (I used to use those), you might want to try full frame lenses e-mount lenses on the APS-C camera, if there are lens ports that permit that.

Part of the reason I left Sony E-mount was the lack of decent APS-C e-mount lenses (Canon, Sony and Nikon all neglect their APS-C lens lineup because the full frame lenses are more lucrative. They are also generally heavier/bigger). Personally, I found it difficult to get enough depth-of-field when I was shooting full-frame, while still keeping noise to acceptable levels. But that is just me, everyone has their own views. Whatever you are most comfortable with is the right answer for you!

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements