Sign in to follow this  
patriko

This year's trip to the Swedish Westcoast

Hi all.

Here are som new pictures from my annual trip to the westcoast of Sweden. This year we dove from Smögen, a beutiful little town with a great diving. For all pictures from this trip and others, see my gallery at http://patrik.oscarsson.com/gallery

koraller.jpg

simpa.jpg

anemon2.jpg

Please, feel free to hammer me about them.

Have a good dive and great viz!

/ Patrik

Great Gallery Patrick,

I love the jellyfish and the deadmensthumb (that's how the cold coral is called in Holland)

Those tropic pictures of manta's and whalesharks of other members are starting to get boring :) It is time for those warmwaterpussy's to see some icy coldwater pictures over here. :P

Can you give me some more info about diving in Sweden, I am planning to go diving there next summer.

Greetings,

Kees

Thanks for the comments Kees.

I think we call it dead man's hand here in Sweden.

I agree with you about the tropic pictures :) There's no challenge taking photos in 30m+ vizibility. You should be up here trying to shoot WA when you hardly can spot your dive buddy a few meters away, now THAT's challenging :P

As for diving in Sweden, well, it depends on where you're going. I live in the southeast of Sweden, and if you go here, you will most certainly only go for wreck diving since the Baltic Sea is dead as a doornail in the bottom... (a few grasses here and there but not much excitement to talk about). On the westcoast on the other hand, well, you saw the pictures :cry: Vizibility can range from a just under one (1) meter to up about 20 if you're really lucky. Mostly it's somewhere around 5 on the eastcoast and maybe 10-15 on the westcoast.

/ Patrik

Hi Patrik,

No need to tell me about bad viz, we have the warmth here but that is where the pleasure ends.

Pic #2, is that some type of Scorpionfish? Certainly looks like a relative of the ones we see here.

Snygga bilder Patrik! Hade ingen aning om att det finns koraller o sjostjarnor i svenka vatten... Skall komma o halsa pa nasta sommar och dyka i kvarken pa finska sidan. Jattekul att se bilder fran nordligare breddgrader!

Pic #2, is that some type of Scorpionfish? Certainly looks like a relative of the ones we see here.

Hi Gordon.

No, it's not a type of Scorpionfish. They can't live up here, it's way too cold in these waters (freezing during winter and up to 22-23 C in the summer). I have no idea what the name of this fish is in english (or any other language than Swedish...) but we call it "Simpa".

Thanks Patriko,

I will try and find out from one of my Nordic friends here what it might be.

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements