Sign in to follow this  
paulandersonphoto

Ikelite strobe suggestions

So I recently purchased a sony a7rii and an ikelite housing. I now need a couple of strobes to go with this setup, but not sure which ones to get and also which ones will work with ikelite housing. I know that ikelite strobes will but they are a little more than I want to pay plus I would prefer small strobes for traveling. Will the inon z240 work or anyone have any other suggestion strobes to use.

Thanks

Paul

Housings are generally compatible with the whole range of strobes on the market. Yes the z240 should work. If electronic sync (vs optical) then you would need the appropriate cable as it uses a different connector from the ikelite strobes.

While Ikelite strobes are lovely, they're also big and bulky and the controls are hard to grip UW. I honestly found them quite frustrating.

I think the best bet to figure the options in a specific case is to call one of the dedicated UW photo stores. They're all generally very helpful.

Hi Paul

The Inon Z240s are great. I've been using them or their earlier sisters (Z220) for years. But the Z240 is now out of production - as you may have seen - and has been replaced by the Z330. That is getting good reviews too. Worth checking that out? See too the Retra thread on WP. Maybe worth a look?

Z240 are great... If you can find one for sale nowadays. As they gave obs that range and introduce a z330. 2nd hand market for z240 is like a hot cake on a cold day

If you are just taking macro photo only the s2000 will be fairly good. Check out a d200 while you are at it.

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements