Sign in to follow this  
RuudStelten

Help on o-ring grease

Hi all,

after a long wait, I finally got my new INON Z-330 strobes in today. I'd like to take them on a dive tomorrow, but INON didn't include any o-ring lubricant with their strobes. Is it possible to use Nauticam lubricant on the yellow INON o-rings?

Thanks!

Edited by RuudStelten

The lubricant that Inon supplies for those yellow o-rings is a clear silicon which is pretty much common. It is very different from the white Nauticam stuff.

Yes, this has been covered a zillion times. Nauticam grease is safe for any type of o-ring.

BIll

Thanks Bill! I was just a bit confused and wanted to double check, because I read your post from 2014 explaining that Nauticam grease is compatible with all types of o-rings, but some nitrile o-rings can swell with fluorosilicone grease (don't know if the INON o-rings are made of nitrile). I wasn't sure if the Nauticam grease, which you mention is perfluoro, is the same as fluorosilicone...

Edited by RuudStelten

Sorry for not being clear. The Nauticam grease is a perfluoro-ether based grease and is neither silicone or fluorosilicone. It is good for any kind of o-rings. Nitrile can swell with lots of things, but not the perfluoro-ethers.

Cheers

Bill

I'd email the shop. INON normally includes grease with strobes and even with their torches.

For battery cap O-rings, saliva works just fine if no silicon grease is available.

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements