Sign in to follow this  
JohnF

Dome Port on a Hero 5

Hey Guys,

I have been wanting to get into UW photography and videography for a while but never had the money to get a serious rig. I just picked up a Hero 5 with a Knekt dome port to get me started until I can afford something better. I used it for the first time this weekend freediving in Ginnie Springs but didn't get anything great. Does anyone have a similar setup or can provide any tips to help me get the most out of my Go Pro? Any help would be much appreciated!

I have the DeepPro System for my GoPro

http://www.wetpixel.com/articles/deeppro-announces-housing-compatibility

use this for Freediving - it give a way better, more stable video platform and the ability to add video arms/lights if I want....and it corrects the "bending" effect the flat port on the GoPro has underwater ...

I get nice Video / Photos with it as I can get closer to subjects and still get an nice overall "Wide Angle" look in my photos/video

- so I'm thinking with your set-up you should be able to do the same. I just found with the small size of the GoPro's - its hard to get a good "stable" photo/video as they are so light & small and when you have limited "time" at depth

so I would suggest - if you can - get a camera tray of some sort with arms/handles for your GoPro - that way you'll have a bit larger & more stable platform to shoot from :)

the 1st tray/handle system I bough for my GoPro was from Backscatter ...

https://www.backscatter.com/Flip-Filters-Double-Handle-Tray

good luck !

Shoot with pro tune settings on so you can control it better. What is making your images bad? If you are shooting over/under do t forget to spit on the dome, wipe it around, let it sit for few seconds, then dip and shoot.

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements