Sign in to follow this  
pvb

which fabric to use for background in pool photography

Hey all,

I would like to start doing more pool photography and i would like to purchase some backgrounds to cover the ugly pool tiles.

I am lost in which fabric would be most suited for this.

Any tips would be highly appreciated!

Kind regards,

Petra

Hi Petra,
best would be a stainless steel pool ;-))

What we have used was some truck textile, Organza webbing from Ikea, heavy Molton in white or black, same stuff as movie crews use, ....
Depends a lot on the theme, pool size and possibilities, light......
You will need a rig to posinition it flat, a lot of small and big weights for a nice wavy falling or straight, a lot of light / strobes for backlight / front....
Means more time and hands for rigging, and maybe a third of the time for shooting....

Have done this a couple of times for a professional uw shooter for fashion shots.

Regards,
Wolfgang

There were a couple threads about this a few years ago. I've used multiple king size bed sheets sewn together. Need lots of weight to hold it down. Much more than you think.

Yep, I used heavy blackouts material I bought at a market stall. They sewed it up for me so that I could slot PVC piping down the seams to make a square frame about 3m x 3m. I attached weights to the bottom pipe. This worked reasonably well.

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements