Sign in to follow this  
oscarramirezphoto

Amazon Basics, Eneloops, or Eneloops Pro for YS-D2

Hello everyone,

Does anyone have input in regards to the best batteries for a pair of YS-D2 strobes? I have heard good things about the Amazon Basics, Eneloops, or Eneloops Pro.

Thanks in advance,

Oscar Ramirez.

I’ve been using the regular Eneloops forever and am very happy with them in strobes and dive lights. I’ve got a couple dozen AAs that are maybe 6-7 years old and still going strong after an average 50-60 dives a year.

I have read that the Amazon batteries are the same, so perhaps worth a try, but the price difference is small. I see no reason to use the Eneloop Pros for my casual diving.

• Like 1

I agree with troporobo and have had similar very good experiences with Eneloops in Nikonos and a Inon strobes. They’re excellent.

Have used Eneloops, eneloop pro and now amazon basics. The Amazon are the same as the eneloop so go for them, i have had no issues.

Cheers,

Diggy

• Like 1

Hello everyone,

Does anyone have input in regards to the best batteries for a pair of YS-D2 strobes? I have heard good things about the Amazon Basics, Eneloops, or Eneloops Pro.

Thanks in advance,

Oscar Ramirez.

I am using IKEA's LADDA batteries, 6 euros 4 pack - same characteristics as eneloop, they are probably made by the same factory... So i would totally recommend them, but i guess amazon basics are the same - so whichever is easier to get.

• Like 1

I have used eneloops and mahas in 240 z for a long time. Both work very well!

• Like 1

In ten years of using them, I've only had one Eneloop ever go bad. I've had the same set in my strobes for about 3 years. I keep one spare set of 8 for recharging between dives on liveaboards if I'm diving more than twice a day. Usually only change them when they start showing signs of corrosion from sea water on my hands.

• Like 1

I use the Eneloop pro as Retra recommended them for my strobe and i find they are fantastic.

I have just come back from a weeks liveaboard they were partly charged before I went and I had to charge them once, nearly 600 pictures.

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements