Sign in to follow this  
mrmishkin

1 GB Ultra II $96

Is Ultra II good?

What is that in term's of X's. i.e. I use a Lexar 1 Gig 40x right now that I'm pretty happy with.

Just so you know. I did get one of these cards, and it seems to be a tad faster than my 40x 1 gig lexar.

The price has no dropped even more on these.

That website p*ssed me off immensely just yesterday. FOUR attempts to check out, and not one of them worked. I was buying one of the aforementioned 1Gb Ultra-II's, and a faster CF reader for ye-old computer. The card gets free cheap-ass shipping via yak train, but I wanted faster delivery. It kept going back to the check out page and telling me that an item qualifies for free shipping.

:evil: :evil:

I ended up buying from ZipZoomFly.com for about 5 dollars more total, and got second day air!

Stupid frickin buy.com :roll: :roll:

When I bought my 1G Ultra from Buy.com they did jerk me around a bit by telling me it was "on order" after I had ordered it but I wasn't in any particular hurry and I did receive the card in about 10 days. They do seem a little shakey.

Larry

Just so you know. I did get one of these cards, and it seems to be a tad faster than my 40x 1 gig lexar.

The price has no dropped even more on these.

Using the numbers they show it would compare to about a 60X Lexar.

Recently found an 80X Lexar 2GB for 199.00 on Amazon. Got it just before the $ 40.00 rebate ended Sept 30, I've had excellent results with the Lexar cards so I'm sticking with them. At $ 159.00 I wish I'd bought two.

Hmmm, no problems with buy.com here. Order went through no problem, got free shipping, card arrived in 4 days.

Recently found an 80X Lexar 2GB for 199.00 on Amazon. Got it just before the $ 40.00 rebate ended Sept 30, I've had excellent results with the Lexar cards so I'm sticking with them. At $ 159.00 I wish I'd bought two.
That is a good price! They list for $299 now.

Hmmm, no problems with buy.com here. Order went through no problem {snip}

I think the issue arose because I had a free-ship item and an item that did not qualify for free shipping in the one order. I wanted to pay extra for the shipping, but it just would not let me :?

Probably nothing wrong with the company, and heck, it may have been an overzealous popup blocker on my end (I never saw any indication that popup blockers should be disabled, but I'm open to the possibility). Regardless, they lost my business due to the frustration. And you only have one chance to make a first impression.

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements