reefsafe

Question for those with Nauticam moisture alarm and vacuum leak detector

I just bought a Nauticam housing (RX100VA) with the leak detector and vacuum and I was wondering how long the battery lasts or how often you change it? I have taken it on a few days diving already and didn't want to get caught short with a dead battery mid dive.

Thanks.

Edited by reefsafe

You can go for a long time with it. You can keep a spare with you for peace of mind, but it can easily go for a year with it.

A buddy of mine put a new battery in his, pumped it down to green, and let it sit...it was over two months before the battery died.

I think the RX100 housing uses a CR2032. My EM-10 housing uses a CR2450, which is almost 3 times the capacity. So your friend's 2-month endurance suggests almost 6 months for me, of continuous operation. Considering a Nauticam guy told me 5,000 h, which is about 200 days, less than 7 months, I'd say the estimates match up well! The batteries are cheap; put in a new one before each dive trip if there are any concerns.

Coin batteries have a very long shelf life, just keep a spare they are well sealed in the little blister packs they sell them in. I have one in o-ring pouch and have yet to use it after 2 years use on my housing. I always by energisers rather cheap generics.

Edited by ChrisRoss

I always have spare batteries with me (CR2450, luckily same as diving computer). Usually they last for 1 - 2 years (about 100 dives/year)...

Wolfgang

They do go flat eventually but you get some warning. When you turn it on it will flash blue - red - blue instead of just blue, and that's the warning sign. Eventually it gives up on blue and just flashes red on start up. I've got another 10 dives at the end of a trip out of the battery after it starting flashing blue/red.

It would be really nice if there was a way to turn the sensor on and off external to the housing, so I could achieve vacuum, turn it off, leave the housing for a couple days, then turn it back on and check still vacuumed. Like when you're going for a dive but it's cancelled for weather but you're going to try again tomorrow so don't want to break the housing down. Or when you're doing some stupid cave dive that has you underground for a week but only diving for 20 minutes three times.

Had to finally replace the CR2450 in my NA-D500 after about a year of using every weekend.

Sponsors

Advertisements