Sign in to follow this  
trh_in_houston

Insurance against housing flooding

Does anyone have any experience with purchasing insurance against flooding (and other perils)? When I upgraded this past year (2018) to a more expensive camera system, I purchased insurance from H2OInsurance.com. Their policy seems to cover a number of perils, including flooding of the housing. Since the camera was very expensive, I thought this might be worth the cost.

By the way, I checked and my homeowners would NOT cover the cost of the camera if the housing flooded.

Any thoughts out there?

For a two layer piece of mind I suggest an insurance policy that covers you for accidental loss or unexplained flooding as these are quite common yet don’t always appear in the schedule. I also suggest getting a vacuum leak detection system for extra piece of mind. Personally I use divemaster Insurance. Hope that helps.

Dan

I think Divemaster Insurance is only valid for UK residents?

I use H2O, had a claim last year for flood and they paid. I was careful to get the flood documented with a letter from the resort in Lembeh where I was staying. Noticed the rates have risen as of Jan, 2019 so may look around when renewal comes up.

Steve

I have Athos Insurance. I had my Red Epic go in the water from a slip on a boat. They covered everything. Thats the only claim I have had and been with them since 2014. Ive asked them about every scenario I could think of and they said yes it will be covered. Not sure if they do outside US or not but I would recommend checking with them.

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements