Sign in to follow this  
GaryClough

I want DSLR Housing that takes a Battery Grip!!!!

I am currently waiting to take delivery of a new Canon 20D whenever the boat to the UK arrives. I have just sold all my old olympus underwater gear on Ebay, so I have to wait until someone releases a housing for the 20D.

However, one thing that I feel would really help underwater photography is a housing that can take a DSLR and a battery grip. The weak point in a housing is the seal. With advancements in memory cards, I could now stick a 4GB compact flash card into the camera and be set up for the week (as long as I didn't want to change lenses). But the single battery certainly won't last that long, hence the usefullness of the grip.

So come on Ike make that housing a little bit bigger and let us take more pictures. I am sure someone can design a housing that can take the camera with or without the grip.

Cheers

Gary

With advancements in memory cards, I could now stick a 4GB compact flash card into the camera and be set up for the week (as long as I didn't want to change lenses).  

Hmm...that'd last me about 5-6 dives max...

Set for a week? Doubtful...

~Matt Segal

Hi!

There are some manufacturers who will build a housing to your wishes. It just takes some time and some extra money. UW-Germany and bruder e.g. do custom housings.

Helge ;-)=)

Gary,

In a world where battery life is getting longer and people want smaller housings it's doubtful there's a market for volume of BIGGER housings. The newest Ikelite SLR-DC housing which will house the EOS20D is compact but has enough room around the camera to see if any problem exists in time to get it back out fo the water. In addition to being able to view your seals...

Your Canon EOS 20D will have great battery life due to the newer BP-511A battery, lower consumption DIGIC II processor and the fact you can limit or eliminate use of the LCD if you want to.

Personally, I couldn't go for a week much less 2-3 days of shooting without downloading to my laptop to see what I've got in detail :)

YMMV

David Haas

www.pbase.com/dhaas

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements