Sign in to follow this  
trimix125

Canon EF lenses on Sony Alpha cameras, what adapter / lens combi works?

Hi,
loking for a lightweight rig for my girlfriend.
She was using the Sony RX100 in a recsea housing.
Combinated with macro and wide wet lenses....
Now i have got a used Sony Nex6 housing from Nauticam, have invested in the 90mm macro,
but what is a working wide angle / fisheye solution?
Can get some anon lenses from friends, but which converter first?
And which one works with which lens good or not....

If there is a possibilty to take maybe later two Sony Alpha rigs under water, that would cut down the luggage ;-))

The Sigma converter should work with Sigma lenses, Canon EF mount, best would be art series.
Metabones is fine with some of the Canon EF lenses. But does it work with Sigma lenses for Canon as well?

Looking for lenses as sample:
Tokina 10 - 17mm
Sigma fisheye for Canon, or the 10 - 20mm,
Maybe Tokina WA
Maybe Canon 8 - 15mm fisheye

The Sony 90mm macro is extremly slow...
Has anybody tried the Sigma 105mm art macro in any converter combination?
On my Nikon setup, this is a fast and sharp macro lens....

Would be great if we could put a list together that focuses on our underwater needs, and not on brand specific advertise....
Next step would be to try and check the port solutions for the ideal combinations.

Thanks for Input,
Wolfgang

The Canon 8-15 works fine with the Metabones IV/V adapter. The problem is it has to be front-mounted on the camera, you have to remove and replace the dome each time, which is a bit of a pain.

It also worked fine for me with a cheap Chinese adapter for a while, but stopped working mysteriously after a few months.

I currently use the A6500 in an Aquatica housing, as well as the A7r3 in an Aquatica housing (I am an Aquatica dealer btw) However, I do shoot my system topside and use the Sigma MC-11 adapter. I've shot the Sigma 15mm FE, Canon 24-105 f4L zoom, 70-200 f2.8L IS ver 2, Sigma 150-600 C, EF 500mm f4L IS, EF 100mm f2.8L macro. It even lets me AF using my old Canon 50mm f2.5mm Macro.

I can't recommend the Sigma MC-11 enough for use with the Sony mirrorless cameras and most EF mount lenses.

S.

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements