Sign in to follow this  
Diver4fun

Raja Ampat november/december 2018 (Olympus video)

Hi everyone, had a great liveaboard on the Samambaia, did the Misool route.

Unfortunately my strobe striggers broke so I had to take video for most of the trip.

Video was shot on the Em1II, C4k 24p.

I used the 30mm macro and 8mm fisheye, I know its not optimal for video but didn't have a choice...

Also I'm quite new to editing, it's far from perfect. Feedback would be appreciated, but don't be too hard on me ;)

I used custom white balance using a white card, and saved it for later use.

Having some problems with youtube, but I think it's related to my computer. Quality is better before uploading, maybe I should choose a higher bitrate? My internet connection is very slow though.

Also have some pictures, mostly from Lembeh which I visited before Raja Ampat.

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmsnGckU

Edited by Diver4fun
  • Like 1

looks like you made the very best of a broken strobe trigger. What lighting did you use for the macro shots? Or did you use the lights in wide angle as well?

anyway looks nice and hope to go there one day as well!

looks like you made the very best of a broken strobe trigger. What lighting did you use for the macro shots? Or did you use the lights in wide angle as well?

anyway looks nice and hope to go there one day as well!

Thanks, I used the Sola 1200, way to weak for wide angle but OK for macro. Was meant to be my focus light ;)

Didn't use it for most of the wide shots, except for the close focus wide angle. Unfortunately you can't get a good white balance for the background when using the light, that's a downside.

Edited by Diver4fun
  • Like 1

Quality looks great, Youtube auto selects 1440p on my connection and it looks very crsip on my monitor. Suspect Youtube is downgrading it on your slow connection.

Quality looked great to me. I just downloaded it as my connection wasn't fast enough to stream it properly.

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements