Miru

Nauticam - BMPCC 4K

Finally got out and dived this weekend with the BMPCC4K.

One BIG issue which has reared its head, is due to the camera not doing any in-camera lens corrections (one of the reasons I wanted the BMPCC4k) - the side petals of the WWL-1 are visible in shot shots (I presume due to the OIS in the lens moving) so a slight crop-in (in-post) is needed. I haven't tried it with the OIS turned off - but something to consider.

Overall, from my initial dive, I'm super pleased with the camera and what Nauticam have done with the housing.

I think when you use a multiaspect sensor in 16:9 the horizontal axis is wider than the 4:3 format on a normal camera so you can see the hood. Disable the OIS may help then you are left with nothing at all I presume?

I can confirm the petals on the wwl do appear on the na-bmpcc4k but for me its only on the left hand side. Upper left corner is a strong vignette but the right side is completely free of these. The very slightest of zoom means it is gone. Swapping between OIS didnt change anything.

• Like 1

I can confirm the petals on the wwl do appear on the na-bmpcc4k but for me its only on the left hand side. Upper left corner is a strong vignette but the right side is completely free of these. The very slightest of zoom means it is gone. Swapping between OIS didnt change anything.

Yeah - snap. Its just the left hand side (that werid eh!)

What lens were you using? (I was using the PZ variant of the 14-42mm with the 29mm port, I've yet to try the Mk2 14-42mm with the 35mm port)

Yeah - snap. Its just the left hand side (that werid eh!)

What lens were you using? (I was using the PZ variant of the 14-42mm with the 29mm port, I've yet to try the Mk2 14-42mm with the 35mm port)

I'm on the 14-42 mk2+35 port. I guess there is faint vignetting right hand corners but pretty faint... see for yourselves.

mSLM3mz.jpg

• Like 1

I'm on the 14-42 mk2+35 port. I guess there is faint vignetting right hand corners but pretty faint... see for yourselves.

mSLM3mz.jpg

Shadow top right corner and petal left side

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsors

Advertisements