you would hope the inbound ninjaV housing would fit this also - my only concern is the different battery mounting.

good price point but is touch screen?

Unfortunately, just watched a review. So unless Nauticam or someone else finds a good way around it... no good for UW use

They did indeed come up with a good solution I am at ADEX singapore here is the pic of the housing for ite5c91ffadc42b577bc5ae4e54fffe933.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I see no benefit using this and other recorders with HDMI 1.4 however it does make a good monitor though I am sure this will be over $1600

They did not mention the price however one of my friend sent me a screenshot of the price listed on their website for awhile and they took it out it is not that much more expensive than 502 housing

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

I see no benefit using this and other recorders with HDMI 1.4 however it does make a good monitor though I am sure this will be over $1600

Depends on the camera you use but anyway Shinobi is just a monitor not a recorder.

Depends on the camera you use but anyway Shinobi is just a monitor not a recorder.

$1800+400=$2200 for a monitor slightly less expensive than smallhd bright but still fairly expensive for a monitor wouldn’t you agree?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

$1800+400=$2200 for a monitor slightly less expensive than smallhd bright but still fairly expensive for a monitor wouldn’t you agree?

Totally but no cheap options out there. We are a niche market and manufacturers take advantage of that. The monitor price is ok the housing price is ...

How much would you pay for a 5.5” underwater monitor?

I found the price already it is $1600 which is exactly the same as 502 housing this is quite interesting as the atomos is also cheaper than smallhd502 monitor

I found the price already it is $1600 which is exactly the same as 502 housing this is quite interesting as the atomos is also cheaper than smallhd502 monitor

Total $2000 then?

Total $2000 then?

Umm I am looking at the shinobi monitor and just realized that their battery layout is in different spot dont know if this will work if i remember correctly the housing is not a total square they have the battery part cutout so it fit the battery. Also i asked them about fitting in a normal size ssd inside and they said it wouldn't fit so if anyone is planning to use this they need the atom x ssd.

Sorry I thought shinobi and ninja v is the exact same design just without recording function but seem like they are not so identical.

Sorry I thought shinobi and ninja v is the exact same design just without recording function but seem like they are not so identical.

Ok so this housing is for ninja V as it has a record button

So 1600+599=2199 for a monitor recorder?

And nothing for the shinobi as such yet

Ok so this housing is for ninja V as it has a record button

So 1600+599=2199 for a monitor recorder?

And nothing for the shinobi as such yet

Yes that is correct 2199 missing battery and storage and nauticam hdmi 2.0 cable they stated it on their website as sold separately.

Yes that is correct 2199 missing battery and storage and nauticam hdmi 2.0 cable they stated it on their website as sold separately.

Considering the HDMI 1.4 nauticam limitation this is an alternative to an inferno or flame

695+1600+disk etc

But maybe you can just have it as a monitor still less than smallhd

Anyway not for me I am happy with avci in the memory card

The Inferno (NA-FLAME) is also getting the M24 port too.

Will post up about the new GH5V and revised Inferno housings shortly....

• Like 1

The Inferno (NA-FLAME) is also getting the M24 port too.

Will post up about the new GH5V and revised Inferno housings shortly....

Richard can they modify the original housing or need a new one to upgrade to version V?

I cannot see how one could add the M28 port, without cutting and welding....

Im thinking that its a purchase new housing type upgrade...

Posted (edited)

Nauticam offers trade in if you buy a ninja V or flame housing as I understanding it

The original housing cant be modified

Edited by Interceptor121

To add some colour I have done some research on the AVC intra vs prores 422 and 422 HQ. For practical purposes there is no difference with 422 actually avc intra 400 outperforms it. With 422 HQ there is some potential difference especially at 30 fps but can you really see it in underwater footage

Obviously the ninja V also gives the benefit of an external monitor that especially for macro is important

In terms of 60p I am of the opinion that except near surface shots with a school of sardine swarming is not required

There is a real need of an external monitor under $1600 (including the actual monitor) on that I have no doubts

Sorry if I'm hijacking this post but has anyone bought, or has used the new Aquatica monitor yet and if so how does it compare.

Again sorry if im hijacking.

Sponsors

Advertisements