Sign in to follow this  
acroporas

Evil Lurks in dark places.

What does it look like on your monitors. On my laptop, it looks good - You can see the eye without trying to hard. It is dark but clearly evident. On another computer it looks a little too dark-you can only make out the eye if you try really hard.

On my monitor at the office I have to strain to see anything at all. It's the rostrum of a moray eel, right?

Cheers

James

Wow, I run a sort of dual monitor setup at work. I dock my laptop with the screen up, and have it plugged into a CRT monitor. Amazing the difference in the 2 as I drag this thread back and forth.

On my CRT, I can barely see just the front Teeth of the first shot. And shot 2 is clearly the best.

But when I drag it over to the laptop screen, I can see the eye in the first shot, which looks by far the best, and shots 2 and 3 are completely blown out, with what looks like pixelated backscatter.

On my screen only the tip of the snout & the jaws show on shot 1 but I really like it - sorta like the first view of "Alien" or a jurassic park raptor as the jaws loom in the dark over the head of the unsuspecting victim. Very atmospheric! Of the modified ones I think the first is better. Did you use thePS dodge tool to bring out the head in shot 3?

Leslie

The first picture is straight out of the camera. On the first modifyed one I took the origional full res veriosn and made a slight levels adjustment and dodged they eye starting. On the second one started with the websized version of the origional(this may be why you see a lot of noise in it) and I Made a major levels adjustment layer and then erased it everywhere but the eels face.

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements