Aldijo2

Roatan: Macro or Wide angle?

Ill be going to Roatan in the near future. Im currently deciding if I should take the Wide angle or Macro lens or both. Any recommendations?

I would take both personally. While my interests are moving more and more toward macro, you will see critters and seascapes there that you might want a wider lens for. I don't do much real wide angle myself, but do medium shots (ie fish portraits) a lot. You can often find turtles, reef sharks and rays there, in my experience. Hope that helps.

• Like 1

We have had the opportunity to dive Roatan's dive sites on three separate occasions. Enjoyed great diving with opportunities for both wide angle and macro photography. We had a couple of dives encountering whale sharks, dolphins, reef sharks as well as turtles and eagle rays. So if you can I would take both your wide angle and macro gear. Have a great trip!

• Like 1

Thanks for the recommendations. I’ve decided to bring both. I would have killed my self if i would have missed a great opportunity just because I didn’t want to carry an extra lens and port.

• Like 1

I just returned from Roatan... take both, I started to just go wide and leave the rest at home - I am glad I didn't... I shot a 100mm on about 1/2 the dives and got some amazing images.

• Like 1

Glad you're taking both! You never know about weather and dive conditions, a new night dive, etc. ;- )

• Like 1

Sponsors

Advertisements