Sign in to follow this  
snapper.p

cannon gx7 inon D200 strobe

might sound like an obvious question but in trying to work out what position is required for the control switch

cannon g7x is it a pre flash type digital camera? I have looked through the control manual but it doesnt explain or mention anything like this. reason i ask is

i have a inon D200 strobe and on it has a switch called the advanced cancel circuit switchand it has 2 positions up or down. in the instruction manual it says.

push and turn to left/right to lock the switch when using camera/housing below

• non pre flash type digital camera
  • optical connection compatible film camera housing (inon x1 housing)

so do I use it in the up position or down.

Are you sure the G7X has no pre flash - how does it do TTL flash without a pre flash?

What happens is that the D200 mimics the pre flash and main flash with ACS button out and ignores the first flash with the button in

If you plan to use your flash in manual it's easy, you don't want pre flash. Set the G7X flash to manual and minimum power. Set your D200 to manual flash and have the button in (It does not expect a pre flash). set the RH dial to the power needed.

If you want to do TTL and if the G7X does have a pre flash a test shot where flash is you main light (it is a dark frame without flash) should expose properly with the D200 set to TTL, the RH dial in the middle of the TTL range and the button out. To do this your camera should be in manual mode with the flash in auto mode.

Here's a guide for INON flash in plain English. INON flashes are good but their manuals - not so good.: https://reefphoto.com/blogs/lighting/selecting-the-proper-settings-for-inon-strobes-1

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements