Sign in to follow this  
snapper.p

first dive with a strobe

Posted (edited)

Tell us a bit more: camera, shutter speed, ISO, flash setting, TTL, depth? INON D2000, I assume.

Are the pictures cropped, or are they full-frame? Was the flash on an arm high and to the right?

In general, many of the pix seems to be exposed for ambient light (backgrounds are bright), and the flash is not doing much, which suggests you need to get off the automatic camera settings and use a higher shutter speed and/or lower ISO, and get closer so the flash can have some effect.

Edited by tursiops
  • Like 1

From the EXIF on the flikr site. For a TTL shot in temperate water most of the images look exposed well, but a little low on flash, with the typical green hue. A couple of things to try, switch to manual exposure, maybe 1/125 @ f4 to reduce ambient light in image. You can try leaving the the flash at TTL, think the G7X II allows that , but better with manual flash. If you stick with TTL maybe turn up the compensation a little on the D200 to get a bit more flash output. Or best would be to switch to manual flash, stick with constant aperture for now as that's less variables to deal with and dial in your flash power. If you always get to the same distance more or less the flash exposure won't vary much.

Hi thanks for the pointers/ advice it was my first time in the water with the strobe didnt want to play around with any camera settings thats why i left it on AV i dont think i had the TTL set properly so need to play with that again next dive and also want to play with manual mode more next dive

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements