SimonPierce

Sony A7rIII Flash Sync Speed – Limited to 1/200 sec?

On 8/4/2019 at 2:02 PM, Pavel Kolpakov said:

But for 1/250 sync speed, you need any TTL device connected to HotShoe.

Hello Pavel,

From your last post, would it be ok deduct that a D500 could do 1/320 and 1/500 with anuticam's TTL board working on Manual?

I'm not really after TTL, but 1/500 in manual will be quite interesting.

Kind regards,

Joss

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Joss said:

Hello Pavel,

From your last post, would it be ok deduct that a D500 could do 1/320 and 1/500 with anuticam's TTL board working on Manual?

I'm not really after TTL, but 1/500 in manual will be quite interesting.

Kind regards,

Joss

Hello Joss,

Only Sony plays that game with sync speed (1/160  >> 1/250).

Nikon D500 has fixed max sync speed 1/250. This is simply a speed of Nikon mechanical shutter.  Impossible to improve it by this way, The only way to use high shutter speeds for D500 is to use HSS underwater strobes (if appear on the market), which can produce 40 khz flicker long flash.

Edited by Pavel Kolpakov

On 8/8/2019 at 12:20 PM, Pavel Kolpakov said:

Hello Joss,

Only Sony plays that game with sync speed (1/160  >> 1/250).

Nikon D500 has fixed max sync speed 1/250. This is simply a speed of Nikon mechanical shutter.  Impossible to improve it by this way, The only way to use high shutter speeds for D500 is to use HSS underwater strobes (if appear on the market), which can produce 40 khz flicker long flash.

Hello Pavel, thank you for taking the time to answer.

Regarding HSS. I have seen the specs of the new Retra strobes and it shows "HSS ready".

What do you think about it? does it means that that my credit card will be bleeding soon?

Kind regards,

Joss

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, Joss said:

Regarding HSS. I have seen the specs of the new Retra strobes and it shows "HSS ready".

What do you think about it? 

Yes, Retra new strobe is announced as HSS. We are waiting for it to make TTL tests.

When HSS strobes appear on the market, TTL circuitry manufacturers can make HSS feature in firmware.

Edited by Pavel Kolpakov

Sponsors

Advertisements