Hi All

Has anyone got any dive company, dive site suggestions for an upcoming trip to Malta?

I am aware that it is not going to be coral or fish abundant, but I will also be travelling with underwater photography equipment setup for macro. So that will be my main focus.

thanks in advance

Depending on where you are I would recommend Sea Shell in Mellehia https://youtu.be/-zhv3XfhE9Ethey have a big rib and are very close to Comino and Gozo

If you are in town you will be going by minibus to various location around the island you can try Cresta for example but I really recommend to go to Mellieha and get on a rib as going around steps and rocks with camera tanks etc is hard

In terms of macro there is the odd nudibranch and sea horses scorpion fish but they tend to be big not a long lens job. Would recommend diving with Tunas it is really a good experience

• Like 1

Hello.I have been there like 8yrs before

I think Malta is more like a wide angle place with its wrecks ,caves,caverns and even big arches underwater..I have dived there for 2 days with a company called dive system which i found really good.. The wreck Um El Faroud was really a nice wreck..Actually i havent seen a lot for macro stuff but i wasnt reaally looking for them either.

This movie i made, was from then

May be it gives you a bit of idea about underwater

I would really want to go back there again with new equipments.

Hope you enjoy your trip

regards

Lutfu

• Like 1

I’ve only dived Malta once. Like Lutfu I thought it was a WA dive destination. Some quite nice wrecks but, as you rightly say, not much in the way of marine life.

I’m not sure I’d choose macro even though it’s my favourite. I can’t help but feel you could be struggling, Simon.

Thank you all for your contribution... Great video Lutfu... And an epic choice of music to accompany the visuals - really impacts on the video. And loved Interceptor121's video with some of the underwater life as the Tuna farm! Thank you all for contributing to my question.

This will actually be my first time taking my equipment out into the ocean, so as long as I end up having at least one subject - I will be happy.

I will check out Sea Shell - thanks again

Simon

I was there about 8 years ago and went diving with Cresta Dive Center. One of the dives they offered us was in St. George's Bay, right off their shop. I'd do that dive again; it was loaded with macro critters. The diving in the open sea is, as advertised, more wrecks, caves, and WA, but you should be able to find macro subjects as well.

Sponsors

Advertisements