evildiesel

Recommendations for lights on Nauticam GH2 setup

I am looking for suggestions for lights for a GH2 in Nauticam housing. It is for snorkelling only, no scuba diving. I'd rather something small and compact. Is there any available that would clamp to the port instead of the ball arms? Will be doing video and stills and macro too. Thanks - ed

Posted (edited)

I am looking for suggestions for lights for a GH2 in Nauticam housing. It is for snorkelling only, no scuba diving. I'd rather something small and compact. Is there any available that would clamp to the port instead of the ball arms? Will be doing video and stills and macro too. Thanks - ed

I would never put a light on the port.

First: you will get a lot of backscatter. A small arm is compulsory to get decent results.

Second: housing o-rings are designed to work under pressure to fit properly in their groove (even a minimum one). On the surface chances to dislodge o-rings from their groove are high. So I would never stress the port collar with the additional weight.

Just my 2c

Edited by Davide DB
  • Like 1

You don't use lights for snorkelling. For skin diving maybe but it would add bulk and at shallow depth it makes no sense as the sun will over power the lights

• Like 1

Sponsors

Advertisements