Sign in to follow this  
Lndr

Recommendations sought - Subal housing repairs

Last year I flooded my trusty Subal housing :(

I had it serviced/repaired when I returned from that trip. Despite having all the electronics and some controls replaced, since then I have had nothing but grief - gears mis-aligned and electronics not working. Everytime I send it away I don't get it back until the 11th hour and when I go to use it, it seems to be worse and worse. For example last time I got it back the day before flying out to Vanuatu, but when it was assembled the strobe failed to fire. I found the wiring was a mess, and had to get a (lovely) ni-vanutan who knew nothing about housings and could speak no english to re-do the soldering and extend too-short wires (!?!) so I could get some photos in the second week of my trip. Anyway, enough venting :(

I'm hoping that someone can recommend a subal service centre they have dealt with that could be trusted to effectively and honestly "renovate" my housing so that I can actually enjoy taking photos again!

cheers

Lndr

I have found that Subal themselves are very responsive. If I email europe@subal.com I get an answer pretty quickly. There is probably a similar address in the US. Why not email them with your question?

Cor

Concurring with Cor, you should contact Subal in Austria directly.

They should be able to tell you whether the housing is worth rebuilding (which is what it sounds like you're looking at). If that turns out to be the course you take, then I'm confident that the people who made this housing would be the best people to undertake it.

Frogfish

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements