Interceptor121

Issue with Nauticam GH5 Handles and Ball system

The handles of the GH5 housing are tilted forward apparently this is common to all video housing

This gives me grief as the clamp rubs on the ball as I keep the arms straight furthermore the lights and strobes tend to tilt

It looks like the GH5 tray part is incompatible with any other housing and therefore this cannot be rectified

I wonder if anyone has noticed this problem and what do they do about it. I use the camera for pictures and video and I find this design decision awkward I do not understand what is the rational of this decision

One of the possibilities is to get rid entirely of the handle and tray system and use an ultralight tray however I like the tripod mounts on the GH5 tray and the ULCS tray compatible is very large (14")

Has anyone figure it out how to sort this problem? And does anyone know why on earth the handles are tilted??

<quote>

does anyone know why on earth the handles are tilted??

</quote>

Ergonomy.

The same reason because a pistol grip is tilted

Am not talking about the grip but the fact the ball mount tilts forward that makes no sense

The handles of sony olympus nikon housing all go forward but the ball is straight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some pictures the awkward bits are the base and the attachment to the housing on top handles are actually straight

ac42ab455a6520ad095643e60cbce1c5.jpg8fcc35252f2936817c33f00bc481d025.jpg936fbd6ca8b0ba617738a365ebe13a84.jpg

I see no problem keeping the clamp straight. During a dive I torture my arms

I see no problem keeping the clamp straight. During a dive I torture my arms

When i use 8+12 segments the clamp doesn’t grip properly and the arms tilt forward especially when I use strobes

The handle can be mounted vertically by replacing the base plastic piece shown in the second photo with a flat piece of ABS plastic, suitable shaped and drilled. The top stainless strap, third photo, can be flattened and reused.

Good luck!

The handle can be mounted vertically by replacing the base plastic piece shown in the second photo with a flat piece of ABS plastic, suitable shaped and drilled. The top stainless strap, third photo, can be flattened and reused.

Good luck!

The base is not plastic but cnc aluminium and considering the torque there I would not use plastic but cnc

Nauticam says this because ‘professional image makers have asked for a better grip’

However they didnt ask for the balls to tilt forward only the handles

Plain awkward

I have the same housing. Forgive me, I'm trying to understand your issue. Are you using ball clamps and ultralight arms?That's what I use and I don't have any positioning or clamp issues, and at times have both vid lights and strobes mounted with tri-clamps at the end of my arms. When my clamps are snug, nothing moves or tilts.

I have the same housing. Forgive me, I'm trying to understand your issue. Are you using ball clamps and ultralight arms?That's what I use and I don't have any positioning or clamp issues, and at times have both vid lights and strobes mounted with tri-clamps at the end of my arms. When my clamps are snug, nothing moves or tilts.

I use ULCS too, I have problems when I use video lights they are 400 grams negative in water each

Sponsors

Advertisements