nakmuay

A7r ii meikon housing - switching modes

Hi,

I'm using the meikon housing for the a7r ii and was wondering if there is a way around the limitation of not being able to use the mode selector wheel. There is actually a control for the wheel, but the button that needs to be pressed in order to rotate the wheel does not exist.

I have a feeling that there might be another solution that pushes down the button and then the wheel should be able to do its job. Was wondering if anyone out there had a solution to this problem. I'd love to be able to take pictures and videos during the same dive...

Thanks!

While I don't own an A7R II, my A6300 is from the same generation, and the controls are likely quite similar - it's possible to activate video recording mode by hitting the red video button on the right side of the camera while in any of the PASM modes; no need to spin the mode wheel.

• Like 1

It does not allow me to take videos and specifically tells me it's invalid in any other mode than video - couldn't find any settings that would change it... I'll to google some more, but I'm relatively confident it won't work for the a7r ii

I own a A7RII and ALL my videos are shot on M, S or A mode. Or your firmware is wrong or is something wrong with you camera...

There is some setting I overlooked that specifically allows you to use the button always or only in video mode - found it thanks to your comments - thanks to the both of you :) That will definitely save me some time

Sponsors

Advertisements