Hi all, I own an Olympus em1.2, which I mainly use for stills. However, recently I'd like to explore some of its video capabilities. Except buying lights, which I already did, what do you advise as basic settings/techniques to start with? Any guide?

What I know now:

- shoot at 60p to possibly slow down footage

- shutter speed double to fps, so 1/125

- f/8 to get most of the stuff in focus

Anything else?

That's a good start. You can also shoot in OM-Log400 picture profile. Your footage won't look as nice straight out of camera but it will give you much more flexibility when color correcting in post. If you don't plan on doing much processing of your footage however, might be best to stick with the standard picture profile.

As you mentioned however, I would definitely think about getting some lights. It's difficult to impossible to get nice looking footage underwater without artificial lighting unless you are sticking super close to the surface.

Happy shooting!

Hi all, I own an Olympus em1.2, which I mainly use for stills. However, recently I'd like to explore some of its video capabilities. Except buying lights, which I already did, what do you advise as basic settings/techniques to start with? Any guide?

What I know now:
- shoot at 60p to possibly slow down footage
- shutter speed double to fps, so 1/125
- f/8 to get most of the stuff in focus

Anything else?

Sponsors

Advertisements