Deinonych

WWL-1 Best Practices

I'm fairly confident the WWL-1 will fit. I'm not at all confident that it will stay open while diving, or that the lens will stay out of the way of controls and hand-grips.

In fact, even though I own all the pieces to do this (flip, lens, etc) I've got no desire to try it.

Hope it works for you! Looking forward to your report....

It works just fine in the water, stays open while diving (remember, with the float, the WWL-1 is only marginally negative -- not any more negative than a +10 diopeter). The 35mm flat port is also long enough to make it a non-issue for your grip on the camera and controls.

• Like 1

In fact, even though I own all the pieces to do this (flip, lens, etc) I've got no desire to try it.

Do mean you have the MWL-1 flip, or the standard M67 filp?

It works just fine in the water, stays open while diving (remember, with the float, the WWL-1 is only marginally negative -- not any more negative than a +10 diopeter). The 35mm flat port is also long enough to make it a non-issue for your grip on the camera and controls.

Great news! Even owning the bayonet system, having it on a flip would be much more preferable.

Great news! Even owning the bayonet system, having it on a flip would be much more preferable.

I don’t think that’s totally true

You can’t use wwl-1 bare port and cmc-1

You need a middle ground diopter I use the subsee +5 and then the cmc-2

So you actually need more options

Maybe wwl-1 and cmc-2 for photos is better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the M77 flip (# 25103); it fits the 12-50mm macro port, but holds 67mm lenses.

I don’t think that’s totally true

You can’t use wwl-1 bare port and cmc-1

You need a middle ground diopter I use the subsee +5 and then the cmc-2

So you actually need more options

Maybe wwl-1 and cmc-2 for photos is better

I'm confused by this. Aren't we talking about either the CMC-1 or the WWL-1, not both together?

What do you mean, "You can’t use wwl-1 bare port and cmc-1"?

I meant as the 14-42 working distance is pretty long with the bare port you also need a diopter and a single flip is not useful for that

I think the wwl-1 plus a weak diopter (i use subsee +5) is what you need if you are shooting video to cover most subjects if you are not in a supermaxro destination

My ideal set is wwl-1 subsee 5 and nauticam cmc-2

The cmc-1 working distance is too short so you have no coverage between one foot (distance of the bare port) and 3” workings distance for the cmc-1 so for me this is not useful

I'll slide in here. I'm not sure I quite understood - or rather, I'm sure I didn't quite understand.

Is it correct that the WWL-1, with its float collar, works well on the MWL-1 flip adapter? "Works well" meaning that when flipped away it doesn't impede handling too much. Whatever "too much" means.

In other words, that on an Olympus E-M1 MkII Nauticam rig with a 14-42 lens, you could realistically use the MWL-1 flip adapter with both the WWL-1 and a macro wetlens (such as SMC-1)?

Sponsors

Advertisements