Sign in to follow this  
gradient

WTB: Subal 45 degree ViewFinder

Looking for a used one. Pm me or email: cusimsteinn@gmail.com

Thanks,

Daniel

Sorry, I can’t help you with one. But I’ve had one on my Subal housings for the last 10 years and think they are brilliant. There’s a bit of a learning curve and mid-water shots can be tricky. But for macro and general WA reef/diver shots, they’re tops.

Good luck on your hunt.

Thanks Tim. I realize it is harder to find a used one. People dont normally part ways with their viewfinder once they got used to using it. I guess i need to suck it up and buy it brand new from BS

Yeah, I don't think you'd regret it. I've moved mine from a Subal ND300 to an ND800 to my current ND500. I wouldn't be without it now.

If you do buy a new one, it's worth getting the Subal tool to unscrew it from the housing. I found the housing a tricky beast to pack if the finder is attached. But it's an easy job (even for we non-techos) to remove and replace the finder especially if you have the inexpensive little tool.

http://www.subal.com/a64c61c68c13/Ports_Gears_Viewfinders/Accessories/Assembly_tools/Mounting_tool_.aspx

This looks a bit like a butterfly wing (though not as colourful) made of stainless steel with two prongs, one at each end, which slot into lugs on a screw fitting attached to the finder which is inside the housing back. A couple of turns and the ring that holds the finder in place unscrews and you can pull the finder off the back off the housing. 2-3 minute job usually.

You just have to make sure when re-fitting that the o-rings are greased slightly and the finder fits flush to the back of the housing with the o-rings evenly in the housing back opening. Slightly tricky to describe but I'm sure you'll see what I mean. As I say, not difficult at all.

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements