subsea

Panasonic Lumix and Nauticam Wide angle?

Posted (edited)

Anyone have experience or recommendations on shooting wide angle with a Panasonic Lumix lens?

I have a nauti-cam NA-LX 10housing for it and am looking for options.

Edited by subsea

I'm looking for the exact same thing - a wide angle lens that doesn't have significant vignetting.  Scubaboard had a pretty good thread talking about wide angle lenses for the LX10 and nobody seemed to find one that worked well.  The last post specifically discusses the NAl-LX10 case and how he couldn't find anything that worked.

https://www.scubaboard.com/community/threads/the-results-are-in-i-finally-got-into-the-pool-to-test-these-lenses-krl-01-vs-uwl-09-pro.566574/

I spoke with Backscatter and they recommended only the WWL-1 and UWL-09 Pro for the NA-LX10, both of which are huge, heavy, and cost over a thousand dollars.  As stated in the thread above, the UWL-09 Pro needed to be zoomed out to 36mm to remove the vignetting, which looses significant FOV, and it still soft in the corners.  

Divephotoguide.com did a really positive review of the NA-LX10 + WWL-1 and didn't mention any vignetting.  I would imagine that the WWL-1 would probably work the best out of any wide angle lens, but the size, weight, and cost is a little much. 

There is no lens not vignetting with the LX10 because the lens becomes longer when you zoom in so there is a gap to the port.
The performance also depends on the housing you use and the distance between thread and glass

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

I have the WW-1 lens will this Lens work with the Ikelite housing for the LX10 ?

Sponsors

Advertisements