JackConnick

New Saga Subal Type 4 Mount 230mm & 100mm Glass Dome Ports

New Saga Subal Type 4 Mount 230mm & 100mm Glass Dome Ports

We are closing out a few new-in-box Subal Mount glass dome ports made by SagaDive. Saga is a high-end optics manufacturer in Spain and manufactures a wide range of ports to fit all housings. We are just closing out these few left.

These are the latest Type 4 Subal mounts ONLY.

These are one of a kind, being sold by Optical Ocean Sales, with FREE US shipping in lower 48 states. We also have very cheap FedEx rates internationally. These have never been used, other than to reside in a glass case. All sales final, no returns. PayPal preferred.

Contact: Jack@OpticalOceanSales.com, 800-359-1295, or +1 206-284-1142.

SagaDive Subal Type 4 mount 230mm Glass Dome Port. BK-7 high quality dome, with optical coating. Comes with neoprene "bra" and zip bag. And extremely nice dome for all types of lenses, particularly FX. Sunshade is removable. Reg $1699, I'm asking $1399 here on WetPixel.

saga-9-dome-2_bkia-jx_4bf9-wr.jpgsaga-9-dome-1_oaiy-p8_5sdy-lc.jpg

Saga Dive 100mm (4") Glass Dome Port for Tokina 10-17mm Lens - Subal Type 4 Mount

High quality glass dome port for the Tokina 10-17mm FE lens for crop sensor DSLRs. Includes the 20mm extension necessary to properly house the lens. Mount made from Delrin, the sun shade is removable anodized aluminum. Comes with neoprene cover, neoprene carrying bag, spare oring and grease. Was $850, asking $599 for WetPixel members.

saga-ss4dome0.jpgsaga-4dome2_8bxe-10.jpg

saga-ss4dome1.jpg

Edited by JackConnick

All Saga glass dome ports for Subal Type 4 listed now reduced!

SagaDive Subal Type 4 mount 230mm Glass Dome Port. BK-7 high quality dome, with optical coating. Comes with neoprene "bra" and zip bag. And extremely nice dome for all types of lenses, particularly FX. Sunshade is removable. Reg $1699, I'm asking $1399 here on WetPixel.

Now asking only $1149!

-----

Saga Dive 100mm (4") Glass Dome Port for Tokina 10-17mm Lens - Subal Type 4 Mount

High quality glass dome port for the Tokina 10-17mm FE lens for crop sensor DSLRs. Includes the 20mm extension necessary to properly house the lens. Mount made from Delrin, the sun shade is removable anodized aluminum. Comes with neoprene cover, neoprene carrying bag, spare oring and grease. Was $850, asking $599 for WetPixel members.

Now asking $549!

230mm dome sold!

Still have a beautiful new SagaDive Subal type 4 mount 4.33" glass dome for sale for only $549!

We only have the new in box, SagaDive 4.33" (100mm) glass dome port for the Tokina 10-17 available. Has a removable shade and built-in 20mm extension. Make a reasonable offer and it can be yours!

Other dome has been sold.

saga-ss4dome1.jpg

Hello Jack. Can 4.33 inch domes be used with full frame cameras? I own a glass 100mm Subal one. But unlike your's the shade is not removable. Since i upgraded to full frame i stopped using it.(since in Subal port charts i could not find any usage of it with fx lenses) Nevertheless i continue seeing professionals diving with full frame housings and having 4 inch ports attached. I guess if the shades are removable it could even be used with fish eye lens if it fits in.

Mehmet

I am a full frame subal user  as well and have the small port, and a medium .and the larger port.

They all can be used with the right lens. You can use many lens not just what the Subal chart shows underwater.In fact that chart is to limiting. You just need to be sure they cannot be vignetting. If its a zoom then just do not come in as close to show the shade. Or just use a lesser wider lens. Also you can use the small domes to do close focus macro work-they can work well for that as well.

Mehmet;

Yes it's possible. However it will depend on the lens obviously. The 100mm dome port I am selling has a built-in 20mm extension. That should mean that it will also fit the Nikon 8-15 or Canon 8-15. An old chart did show that combination, however I can't absolutely say that it will.

Jack

Edited by JackConnick

Onokai and Jack thank you very much for the answers. These are interesting news for me since i always referred to Subal port chart like a bible. Whenever you use 100mm dome do you still shoot compositions which demand corner sharpness of do you choose more center weighted compositions?

I was thinking whether i can have a Tokina 10-17+1.4 extension equivalent configuration for the full frame so that i could shoot some macro while using the 100mm dome. Do you have any solution for that?

You have to stop down well for a small dome like that. There really isn't an equivalent setup using a w/a lens and a TC. It's poor on a D800 and terrible on a D850 for instance.

The Nauticam MWL wet lens is the best solution. Added to a 60mm macro lens on Nikon it works very well. There's not a great Canon solution however.

This port is being sold at cost, let me know if you want it.

Shipping to Russia is very hard from the US, FedEx will not ship to individuals in my experience only to businesses. Mail is very poor. If you have a friend elsewhere maybe I can ship there.

Edited by JackConnick

Another thought is you can shoot this dome with a traditional lens not necessarily a wide angle and see what the results are.

I am now using the Zen 170mm (flatter dome) than the 100mm with a Nikon  70-180 macro zoom-it really a nice setup but it takes lots of extensions . This lens needs the foot removed for Subal housings but not Nauitacams and a special zoom gear needs to be fabricated.

The Nikon 24-85 macro  zoom is also a good lens for you-just crank it down so its not vignetting which oit might at 24 but not at say 35mm

This lens is also a great close focus lens

One thing I have learned after almost 35+ years of underwater workis many lens and dome combinations can be had not just what in thos charts. You just need to try them. I spent some time shooting with Seagipsy from this site and really learned some out of the box thinking that works well.

I just got a 170 zen dome port (meduim size) and its flater(less curve) than any of the 4 inch domes. My large 9 inch Sunbal dome is a bear to travel with so the mid sized domes are better for what I'm doing unless its super wide angle-then the big domes shine.

What I do not know is if Zen domes (same size)  are more or less curved than Subal domes? Anyone know this answer????

I always had this sneaky feeling that they were the same glass.......

Sponsors

Advertisements