Neptune63

Need Help with Subal VR3 Flash Trigger

Hi,

I have recently installed the Subal V3 flash trigger for shooting via fiber cables. Batteries are properly inserted, the LED's are properly positioned, the switch is at 0 for manual shooting, a green LED came on when the batteries were inserted, but with my D850 installed and connected to the hotshot, the flash won't fire. Has anyone had this problem, or has advice on fixing the problem?

Thanks!

Tom

Posted (edited)

Hi Tom,

Something is assembled wrong, or wrong parts.

I can help regarding Subal TTL system, check your system step by step, better in messenger.

Edited by Pavel Kolpakov

Sounds crazy, maybe, but have you got the right hot shoe? A Nikon one - of course. I had a not totally dissimilar issue with my D500 setup and discovered Subal had sent me a Canon hot shoe not a Nikon.....

And Pavel is The Man!

Posted (edited)

Sounds crazy, maybe, but have you got the right hot shoe? A Nikon one - of course. I had a not totally dissimilar issue with my D500 setup and discovered Subal had sent me a Canon hot shoe not a Nikon.....

Tim, you are actually right. This is not a rare case. I also know 2 people in my country, who got Subal housing with mixed Hotshoe type (Canon / Nikon). User did not know about it for 2 years, because shot in manual only. X-Sync pin is on the same position on both. People discovered wrong HotShoe only when began to setup TTL system.

So, first of all, i would check the HotShoe pins, to be sure it is Nikon type.

The second turn, - try to reconnect HotShoe cable to mirrored position on the board socket. Subal produces "left" and "right" HotShoe cables, sometimes mixed for TTL board.

Edited by Pavel Kolpakov

This is what the Nikon one looks like, Tom

post-2756-0-27942100-1563791764_thumb.jpg

Posted (edited)

Subal must supply VR3 board only with "left" type HotShoe cable (cable is pointed left). But looking to user setup picture, i saw the "right" type cable there.

User has to reconnect cable now to mirror position (rotate 180 degrees) on the board. It will not be so comfortable as proper cable ("left type"), but it will work. Here is assembling for such case:

8eb9d6ef66e6.jpg

Edited by Pavel Kolpakov

Sponsors

Advertisements