tomstgeorge

Forum update - bug reports here please

Thanks Adam, and thank you everyone for your patience!

Hopefully we've ironed out most of the issues from the update and server migration but if you find anything amiss please let us know.

One thing I've just spotted is the country flag under a members details is not working, I will try to get that fixed asap.

cheers

tsg

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I am not seeing a reply to thread so started this new one (green button obvious). Also I cannot find a recent topics button. Using Firefox on a Mac.

Tom

PS I just now did see a reply to topic (green button) on a thread started by Interceptor but still am not seeing one in this topic or Adam's in the announcement forum. Hence I am using edit.

Edited by Tom_Kline
unable to otherwise reply to this thread. later: fixed grammar

Thanks Tom

I will look into it.

• Like 1

Reply button now present!!!

• Like 1

The "topics" box (lower right) contains just a few and does not seem to be bookmarkable. Not a satisfactory replacement in my book.

Tapatalk is not working currently. I'm working on it...

Maybe a take a look at the Optional Profile Information routine. Mine shows as 0% complete. When I go into it, all the details are there but it doesn't seem to register it.

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, TimG said:

Maybe a take a look at the Optional Profile Information routine. Mine shows as 0% complete. When I go into it, all the details are there but it doesn't seem to register it.

Maybe that is why signatures are missing, just now noticed by me after making a post on another thread.

PS. Signature suddenly appeared! Did NOT see signature editing in my profile a minute ago.

Edited by Tom_Kline
update

Thanks for the bug reports guys.

- I have re-enabled signatures.

- we are aware of the 0% profile issue, it is not registering complete profile if any of the fields are empty, I'm looking at it now.

- we will find a better solution for recent topics, please bear with us!

• Like 1

I guess we need to actually use WP to find the issues. Did find signature editing a second ago!

• Like 1

The 0% profile issue seems sorted now. Well done, TomSTG!

I've just edited the topic title so that people can add any bugs they find to this thread. I will now merge the bugs from the other topic too..

We seem to be getting some spammers posting. Interestingly, they all registered in 2018, so it may just be a coincidence.

Please let me know if you see any spam posts so I can delete them :)

Many thanks to @Chris Kippax

Adam

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, tomstgeorge said:

- we will find a better solution for recent topics, please bear with us!

https://wetpixel.com/forums/index.php?/discover

New link for recent topics works for me!

Edited by Tom_Kline
grammar
  • Like 1

Link works for me too!

I think I have killed the source of the spam members, but please let me know if you see any more..

Adam

Excellent on then Spam kills!

I'm getting auto-forwards to my personal email address of all Reports (thanks Tom and Chris ;-)  Is there a way to turn that off? 

Not a bug - but a compliment (shock, horror): I really like the layout - very clean looking; and the auto stream update is a nice feature.

Yep, echoing Tim's comments new format is definitely more 21st century. Easy on the eyes with nice contrast and clean lines.

• Like 2

Really nice work indeed! 

Out of curiosity, how I change my profile background image? (behind the avatar).

Thanks

2 minutes ago, Davide DB said:

Really nice work indeed! 

Out of curiosity, how I change my profile background image? (behind the avatar).

Thanks

Hi Davide

If you click your name in the very top right hand corner of the screen, you'll see the option Profile. Go into that and you can change all sorts of things....

Hi Tim,

I filled nearly every field. I updated my avatar but I find no option to change the background of my profile like @tomstgeorge

I'm envious ;)

1 hour ago, Davide DB said:

Hi Tim,

I filled nearly every field. I updated my avatar but I find no option to change the background of my profile like @tomstgeorge

I'm envious ;)

Yep, pretty cool

Have you tried “Cover photo”?

2 hours ago, Davide DB said:

Hi Tim,

I'm envious ;)

Hi Davide DB

I have enabled Cover Photos for all members. If you click on your name in the top right and then select profile you should now be able to choose a cover photo.

Ah ok :)

I'm pretty sure it wasn't enabled before.

Thank you all

9 hours ago, TimG said:

Excellent on then Spam kills!

I'm getting auto-forwards to my personal email address of all Reports (thanks Tom and Chris ;-)  Is there a way to turn that off? 

Hi TimG

You should now be able to manage this setting:

- click on your name top right and choose Account Settings

- choose Notification Settings in the right hand panel

- the first part of the page is some general settings but if you scroll down you will find controls to setup exactly what gets sent as an email and/or a notification

cheers

tag

Sponsors

Advertisements