Jump to content
tomstgeorge

Forum update - bug reports here please

Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, Davide DB said:

Ah ok :)

I'm pretty sure it wasn't enabled before.

Thank you all

You are correct, it was disabled by default for Members.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tomstgeorge said:

Hi TimG

You should now be able to manage this setting:

- click on your name top right and choose Account Settings

- choose Notification Settings in the right hand panel

- the first part of the page is some general settings but if you scroll down you will find controls to setup exactly what gets sent as an email and/or a notification

 

cheers

tag

Yep, got it and sorted. Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And Cover Photo is working nicely too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tom

In Notifications, the option to receive a notification to a New Message has been turned off. Is it possible to allow this option?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, TimG said:

And Cover Photo is working nicely too!

Nice shot, working for me too! Hint for newbies - click on a person's avatar to see this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do like the new layout.

Alas, there doesn't seem to be any direct way to report a spammer, or to flag a spam post, such as this one: Dararmss

directly. Or maybe that's by choice?

Just askin'

Tom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hover your cursor over a post and the report function is in the top right hand corner of the post

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you all for the spam reports.

There is a setting in the board that allows members to add other members. We had this switched off, but by default with the upgrade, it was on. Hence a few spammers used this to add each other.

I set this to off after the first "attack" but it seems to have switched itself back on...

I have now added a lot of unobtainable requirements, which should stop this even if it activates itself again. I'll keep trying!

Once it settles down, I might reactivate it so that existing members ("in good standing") can add people. I quite like the idea of this. What does everyone else think?

I spent a reasonable amount of time trying to get Tapatalk to work yesterday, but have had to submit a support request to them. I will keep everyone posted and sorry for the inconvenience while I try and get this fixed.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, adamhanlon said:

Thank you all for the spam reports.

There is a setting in the board that allows members to add other members. We had this switched off, but by default with the upgrade, it was on. Hence a few spammers used this to add each other.

I set this to off after the first "attack" but it seems to have switched itself back on...

I have now added a lot of unobtainable requirements, which should stop this even if it activates itself again. I'll keep trying!

Once it settles down, I might reactivate it so that existing members ("in good standing") can add people. I quite like the idea of this. What does everyone else think?

I spent a reasonable amount of time trying to get Tapatalk to work yesterday, but have had to submit a support request to them. I will keep everyone posted and sorry for the inconvenience while I try and get this fixed.

 

I think it would be worth letting members in "good standing" push Spammers into the sin bin once, as you say, the system settles down. There are a number of people who are really good at drawing the malign to the attention of Administrators. So worth a go at cutting out the middle man? Perhaps the system could be set up so that Administrators can review a decision, in slightly slower time, by a member to put someone into the sin bin?

Member in "good standing"? 50 posts maybe?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tom

I may have found another small gremlin:

When you select Latest Activity and then look at a specific post, there is below the post to the right-hand side a very useful arrow allowing you to move to the next post. This always seems to disappear after reading the first post and moving to the second. It doesn't seem to appear on the second or subsequent post. It's a really useful feature too - well for me as a moderator anyway!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TimG said:

Tom

I may have found another small gremlin:

When you select Latest Activity and then look at a specific post, there is below the post to the right-hand side a very useful arrow allowing you to move to the next post. This always seems to disappear after reading the first post and moving to the second. It doesn't seem to appear on the second or subsequent post. It's a really useful feature too - well for me as a moderator anyway!

I am seeing it OK in subsequent posts. The arrows (left and right) are below the level of the reply box.  Maybe need to scroll down a wee bit more?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there a way to show thread subjects rather than each individual post within threads when choosing Latest Activity?  I liked this feature on the old version.  The new version, which is much more visually appealing, requires a lot more scrolling. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Tom_Kline said:

I am seeing it OK in subsequent posts. The arrows (left and right) are below the level of the reply box.  Maybe need to scroll down a wee bit more?

 

Yeah, I thought  that might be the issue, Tom, but it doesn’t seem to be. I’m going through latest posts now on my iPad and the right arrow definitely isn’t there. The left arrow, Go To Topic Listing, is there. Curious. I’ll check again on my iMac 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not exactly a bug, I notice there is now a facility to upload images to the forum which is nice and drag and drop works well, but it does strip EXIF data - you can get add-ons to firefox which read EXIF data(just right click to bring it up) which is super handy sometimes and EXIF also holds copyright data if you set it up.  Be nice if you could throw a switch to keep EXIF :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, TimG said:

Yeah, I thought  that might be the issue, Tom, but it doesn’t seem to be. I’m going through latest posts now on my iPad and the right arrow definitely isn’t there. The left arrow, Go To Topic Listing, is there. Curious. I’ll check again on my iMac 

TomStG

Going through several new posts this morning, the right arrow to go to the next new posting is definitely not always appearing when using the Latest Activity view. It appears maybe once in 4-5 posts.

I'm using OS 10.14.5 and Safari 12.1.1 on an iMac. It didn't appear when I was using my iPad either over the weekend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/28/2019 at 1:33 AM, troporobo said:

Is there a way to show thread subjects rather than each individual post within threads when choosing Latest Activity?  I liked this feature on the old version.  The new version, which is much more visually appealing, requires a lot more scrolling. 

On top of the page, click o “Show filters” and then in “Contents” select topics. I have struggled it’s the same as you.... 

and on other filter you can choose to jump straight to unread messages

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/28/2019 at 7:53 AM, TimG said:

Yeah, I thought  that might be the issue, Tom, but it doesn’t seem to be. I’m going through latest posts now on my iPad and the right arrow definitely isn’t there. The left arrow, Go To Topic Listing, is there. Curious. I’ll check again on my iMac 

TomStG

Going through several new posts this morning, the right arrow to go to the next new posting is definitely not always appearing when using the Latest Activity view. It appears maybe once in 4-5 posts.

I'm using OS 10.14.5 and Safari 12.1.1 on an iMac. It didn't appear when I was using my iPad either over the weekend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TomStG - a new user is reporting that she can't get a Reply option to show. Something to do with new users?

 

this is what I see - no reply button

https://imgur.com/a/U3PsHY2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TimG said:

TomStG - a new user is reporting that she can't get a Reply option to show. Something to do with new users?

 

this is what I see - no reply button

https://imgur.com/a/U3PsHY2

 

I've just asked to make sure she is properly logged-on!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New user tchakatak was able to post a new thread, but when I replied to it, they were unable to reply back - but they can send private messages, so logon session doesn't seem to be the culprit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Barmaglot said:

New user tchakatak was able to post a new thread, but when I replied to it, they were unable to reply back - but they can send private messages, so logon session doesn't seem to be the culprit.

Thanks for that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Barmaglot said:

New user tchakatak was able to post a new thread, but when I replied to it, they were unable to reply back - but they can send private messages, so logon session doesn't seem to be the culprit.

Hi all,

To join our  community, our registration process requires individuals to verify their email addresses and make a post on the forums, before being able to post a topic.  

User tchakatak has done the former but not the latter.

However, I did pick up some weird changes in the permissions that meant that New Members could create topics in other forums etc. I have now shut that down. I have also made it so that New Members must post an introduction by adding a reply to the Member introductions thread in the Galley before being able to post elsewhere or create new topics.

Thank you all again!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, pbalves said:

On top of the page, click o “Show filters” and then in “Contents” select topics. I have struggled it’s the same as you.... 

and on other filter you can choose to jump straight to unread messages

I can't find anything about filters on any page.  What am I doing wrong?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This isn’t necessarily a bug, but is an annoyance... on Safari, on my iPhone, when I revisit a thread that shows as having new content, I get sent to the beginning of said thread, as opposed to the first unread post (which the old site used to do)... Perhaps, I’ve something amiss in my settings... Though, I’m skeptical of that...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sponsors

Advertisements



×
×
  • Create New...