tomstgeorge

Forum update - bug reports here please

57 minutes ago, echo2600 said:

This isn’t necessarily a bug, but is an annoyance... on Safari, on my iPhone, when I revisit a thread that shows as having new content, I get sent to the beginning of said thread, as opposed to the first unread post (which the old site used to do)... Perhaps, I’ve something amiss in my settings... Though, I’m skeptical of that...

Yep, I'm finding the same thing.

19 hours ago, troporobo said:

I can't find anything about filters on any page.  What am I doing wrong?

On main page push the “new stuff” button, and the push “show filters” (see attached files)

AB767623-71BA-43BA-A07D-1878DD58105D.jpeg

C466B2E4-85E3-4F0A-904B-9BD7FBDA2ECC.jpeg

Hi all,

For those of you that use Tapatalk, it should now be working...

Any bugs, please let me know.

I've also fixed the links to the trips on the trips page.

Adam

Hey Adam, is Tom still working on bug fixes? A few things have been passed on to him but there has been no response.

Tom is away for a few days...he will catch up on his return

Adam

Ta!

On 7/30/2019 at 6:08 AM, echo2600 said:

This isn’t necessarily a bug, but is an annoyance... on Safari, on my iPhone, when I revisit a thread that shows as having new content, I get sent to the beginning of said thread, as opposed to the first unread post (which the old site used to do)... Perhaps, I’ve something amiss in my settings... Though, I’m skeptical of that...

You can manage it on the filters

Go to “Read status” and inside you can choose to “take me to first unread comment”

D0B5A00E-D429-4A27-A667-4F3C65C9AF28.jpeg

My screen name has mysteriously changed at some point recently, can see no way to change it back nor can I see any reference to the screen name I've had on here for 13 years... Sent admin an email yesterday.

12 minutes ago, burville said:

My screen name has mysteriously changed at some point recently, can see no way to change it back nor can I see any reference to the screen name I've had on here for 13 years... Sent admin an email yesterday.

What was it before it changed, Chris?

On 8/13/2019 at 4:28 PM, TimG said:

What was it before it changed, Chris?

"Undertow" has been my Wetpixel screen name for 13 years. I haven't hard back from any Admins. Would appreciate any help. Cheers,

Chris

FYI I've just created a new account with my previous username "Undertow", just to save the name. I'd like to reinstate it to this account.

Cheers,

Chris

Oh yeah, of course, Undertow - I remember that one now. Hope all's well in BDA.

Adam has been away hence, probably the lack of response. I had a look to see if I could change it but, sorry, I can't.

Adam!?

Hi folks-apologies for the delayed response.

That said, Chris-I haven't had any emails from you! Can you let me know which email address you used?

There is no reason why the forum software would randomly change your username. Or at least, there is none that I can think of. I can see that you logged in from a new device on 08/12, while this should not affect your user name, perhaps something in the recovery settings caused the change?

I have now merged your accounts, so your Undertow username will be replacing "burville".

Let me know if you need anything else!

All the best

Adam

Hi Adam,

Thanks for the help though this account now says 0 posts, 0 content etc and I've reverted to "Flotsam"..... Though I do see my previous posts listed under 'activity'. My old login no longer works. Would have preferred to keep my account the way it was and just change the name if possible.

I noticed it at same time that the forum was updated. Maybe to do with the fact that all these years my screen name "Undertow" was different from my login name "burville". Not sure why that was the case but was that way since I joined in 2006.

Cheers,

Chris

It should all migrate over the next few days....

I'm not sure how you had 2 names...but you are correct, both forms of the forum software (old and new) only "allow" one.

All the best

Adam

On 8/28/2019 at 6:03 PM, adamhanlon said:

I'm not sure how you had 2 names...but you are correct, both forms of the forum software (old and new) only "allow" one.

All the best

Adam

Hi Adam,

Thanks I hope it can get back to normal, though I still see myself categorized as a new account. No idea how the 2 names thing happened but I guess that's where the issue arose I presume. Cheers,

Chris

Hi Adam, Tim,

Unfortunately it looks as if things haven't migrated over to the new account. Is there anything we can do about this? Would be disappointed to lose my status on here after 13 years. Cheers,

Chris

I can sure understand the feeling..... argh.

I'll have to leave this to Adam. I'm sure he'll do his best.

On 8/28/2019 at 6:03 PM, adamhanlon said:

All the best

Adam

Hi Adam

Checking if anything can be done about my account status. Nothing has migrated unfortunately. Cheers,

Chris

Sponsors

Advertisements