Sign in to follow this  
MikeVeitch

Who's going to DEMA?

I just signed up for it today. Should be a good place to see lots of new photo toys as well as good networking and meeting new people.

But my main reason is to find a new job. That stupid F****N Hurricane Ivan put me out of work!

Where is DEMA going to be this year? Probably won't be able to go this year.

I went to Vegas, what was it, 2 or 3 years ago. It was good for meeting up with friends and folks I'd dived with years back and hadn't seen in awhile. There were some nice scubatoys around, but the photo stuff on display that year didn't knock me out, but this may have changed since then.

Frogfish

DEMA will be on october 13-16 in Houston Texas

check out www.demashow.com for more info.

Aaron

But my main reason is to find a new job.  That stupid F****N Hurricane Ivan put me out of work!

Where were you working ? And when will you be wanting to work again, and in what capacity ? Oh and where would you like to work ?

Giles

We will def have some Cayman Islands representatives up there, but I doubt employing at that time, but when we open back up we will be needing some good people to get this workhorse purring again.

Hey Giles,

Actually i was supposed to start work at the Dive Lodge last weekend, it got pretty much levelled though. Have been told it will take about a year to rebuild. Will certainly be interested when they open up again.

I need work asap, have been sending out resumes all over the place, Pacific and Caribbean but seems most are in the slow season at the moment. Mainly want to work at a land based operation as guide, manager or photo/video pro. With the hope of eventually starting up my own photo/video shop on site.

So if anyone out there knows of anything...

I'll be working in the DUI booth for the first three days, and exploring the show the fourth...

I'll be there. Will also be giving a mini-seminar at the Sea & Sea booth about shooting with an SLR. :)

Well i wasn't meant to be going but i am going to talk to someone to see if I can go work it for Reef Divers and Bob sotos and the cayman islands in general we need to stay in the eye of people as we will be back in action soon. we may have been hit harder than most islands ever have but the infrastructure and money and organisation of this island mean we are rushing back to a newer better cayman .. and of course our sister islands even though so close were untouched by the storm so little caymans bloody bay wall is waiting to be dived upon as is the MV Keith Tibbetts in the Brac. I'll let you all know if i can swing a ticket over. would be very cool to meet some of you guys and do some real world marketing rather than these damn websites i have been working endlessly on the last 2 days.

Giles

You'll have to be finger-printed and photographed before they'll let you into the country with your passport, Giles!

Alex

p.s. If you don't make it in person you are represented in two pictures on the Cayman Islands stand.

You'll have to be finger-printed and photographed before they'll let you into the country with your passport, Giles!  

Alex

Don't tell us he's from France! :)

England actually ... will i really have to be finger printed and photographed ? I have been through several times since they started that and they never asked for that before

not sure i'll get to go anyways .. it's a huge long shot, but one i am willing to have a go at .. if you dont ask you dont get right !

They've just started fingerprinting and photgraphing Australians in the last week or two, presumably the same change has just happened for people of a limey persuasion. It shouldn't be all that onerous,a couple of seconds per finger and apparently a 5 second response time from the BigBrother face image servers.

As a greencard holder, they have all this on file for me already and I don't get fingerprinted every time.

Since This weeks all people who don't need a Visa (EU, Australia, etc.) that are not US-American beside Canadians with Biometric Data in their Passport and Mexicans with a special permit for regular Cross Border Transfer. are scanned and photographed. The Data is stored permanetly!

Starts Wednesday. Hope to see you guys there.

Cheers

James

I am not gonna be there .. although the lovely Shannon from Bob Soto's Reef Divers will be there.

last minute decision for someone to go. and she was the original dema goer. Enjoy folks.

Plus, she's GOTTA be better looking than you Giles...ROFL - J/K you are beautiful.

Cheers

James

We"ll be there as well,... :wink:

That is Aline, Lars and Andi.

I took the Best Photo Ever of Craig Jones yesterday here at DEMA. Check it out.

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements