Sign in to follow this  
Eyematey

Sea&Sea DX housing repair, bulkhead

Repairing a S&S DX200 housing for a friend. He damaged the bulkhead which was attached to a TTL converter. The DX200 has two strobe bulkheads, one for TTL converter and another for manual strobe firing.  I removed the damaged one and would like to replace with SS-50123 which appears to be the same. It is listed for use in MDX and RDX but not DX housings. My question, is the diameter of the 5 pin bulkhead insert different?  The one I removed was 11.79mm.  Can't find detailed specs on SS-50123 dimensions.  Just trying to return the TTL option for him as I figure a dual cable will do the job of firing his strobes otherwise.  Dual cable, 03470, costs more than the 50123 bulkhead.

Thanks for any input

Steve

Every S&S bulkhead I have seen is the same  internal diameter. They all accept a Nikonos cable.

There are more than 1 mounting scheme. Post a pic of the bulkhead connector.

Thanks, " Every S&S bulkhead I have seen is the same  internal diameter" is what I was hoping for. For this last trip I hooked him up with a single strobe firing manually, cord connected to manual bulkhead. He is debating getting a double cord or the SS-50123 TTL bulkhead replacement.  He was happy with results.

Thanks for input.

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements