Posted (edited)

I have just purchased a Sony a6400, Fantasea housing, and Fantasea wet wide lense.  Interested in hearing how others have setup the various camera buttons/functions. 

Also interested in how much float this rig will need to be slightly negative with two Inon 240Z strobes.

Thanks,

Edited by rwe

Hi rwe

Congrats on the new gear. I hope you have lots of fun with it.

On the buoyancy issue, if you search in WP, if you've not done already, you'll find quite a few helpful guides to weighing your gear using a luggage scale in-water (the gear that is, not the scale - you dangle it on a line). The weight the scale shows is the negative buoyancy weight you need to offset using your choice of additional buoyancy, eg Stix floats, buoyancy arms, whatever.

The A6400 is an excellent camera and a great choice for U/W photography. Just named DPreviews best camera under $1000.00 because of its great image quality, stellar auto focus and tracking system. I reviewed the camera for issue #108 of underwater photography magazine, uwpmag.com using an Ikelite housing. The article is a free PDF download you can find in the back issues. You can PM me if you have any additional questions after reading the article.

Ike6400_108.jpg

Sponsors

Advertisements