Sign in to follow this  
britwitt

Canon T6i TTL

I’m shooting with a canon T6i in an ikelite housing, with two ikelite ds 161 strives.  I prefer to use the manual settings, however, the TTL system (or the operator) can’t seem to get it together.  Over exposure happens more times than not.  My understanding is that I set the aperture, set the shutter speed, set the ISO,  then TTL will work out light.  I’m just not getting it!  Any suggestions would be most welcome.  Thank you.  

Wide angle or macro or both?  TTL is known to work better on macro subjects where you don't have a lot of BG water.   Whether or not TTL works is generally quite camera dependent the camera evaluates the scene and works out how much flash is required.  If  there is a lot of water in the scene the camera may try to add more flash to make it brighter, which of course it can't and it overexposes the subject.

You setup sounds correct for Canon, in manual mode set shutter speed and aperture and flash is taken care of by the camera.  What settings are you using?  for example if you are very close to the subject using wide apertures and high ISO you could conceivably be beyond the turn down limit of the TTL circuits.

Other than that have you tried turning down to maximum -ve flash compensation in the camera itself as well as on the TTL control on the housing.

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements