Sign in to follow this  
hyp

Finetuning my Rig

So you are saying the horizontal /vertical field of view are equivalent to about a 7mm/8mm rectilinear lens and you only get 130° field of view along the diagonal due to distortion.  I take it that the FOV column in your table is your estimate of the angular field of view, but I'm not sure what the other values are?   Are the values calculated or measured, you are talking about calculations and verifying them? 

The values are calculated using an equisolid equation I then jumped in a pool and tested them against tiles and the correspondence is very high

That however should not come as a surprise that the wet lens only has the 130 degrees along the diagonal.

You can measure yourself the ratio vs diagonal on the image with the tiles

There is also to be said that the 7-14mm depending on the dome used has different performance and that the WWL-1 doesn’t give the 130 degrees with all lenses but only with the 14-42mm that sit very close to the port

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But it will give it to me in a much smaller size. That is my main annoyance with the 8-18. I would then add true fisheye later, as a 4.33" dome is much easier to handle while travelling. In the end that would give me a smaller rig with more shooting options. So long as the Image quality that the UWL-100 puts out is acceptable.

That is a consideration for sure the 7” is very positive the inon is negative

However unless you have the UWL-H100 with dome the older UWL-100 will loose most of the field of view as you zoom. Try in a sink or bathtub or better in a pool with tiles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements